Game Economy Designer
PLAYSTUDIOS is the developer and operator of award-winning free-to-play casual games for mobile and social platforms. The company’s collection of original and published titles is powered by its groundbreaking playAWARDS loyalty marketing platform, which enables players to earn real-world rewards from a portfolio of global entertainment, retail, technology, travel, leisure, and gaming brands across 17 countries and four continents. Founded by a team of veteran gaming, hospitality, and technology entrepreneurs, PLAYSTUDIOS brings together beautifully designed mobile gaming content with an innovative loyalty platform in order to provide its players with an unequaled entertainment experience and its partners with actionable business insights. To learn more about PLAYSTUDIOS, visit playstudios.com
We’re looking for a Game Economy Designer who will be responsible for assisting in the tuning, management, analysis, and optimization of game economies for our broad player base.
- Be the resident expert in every facet of the game economy, including the economy engine, live ops events, and pricing
- Define and tune the economy, including purchase incentivization, pricing, virtual products, special events, etc., to improve on KPIs such as engagement time, retention, and LTV
- Create, model, and tune complex game economy systems with multiple currencies, progression systems, sinks, faucets, and monetization points
- Collect and analyze economic, engagement, and monetization data; report on performance, suggest and implement optimizations
- Work with Excel, SQL, Tableau, Python, and R to design reporting that creates transparency in the game economies
- Participate in feature design, and provide feedback and observations from the perspective of the game economy, maximizing engagement and monetization opportunities
- Work closely with the Economy Team and Product Managers to adjust the economy in support of new features, games, tests, segments, pricing, etc. across all of our live apps
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or another quantitative field
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- A passion for video games; an avid gamer with a solid understanding of mobile games and other genres
- Experience building game features and economies, with an emphasis on designing and tuning features that engage players and encourage monetization
- Expertise in Excel, SQL, Tableau
- Experience manipulating, summarizing, and analyzing large data sets
- Extremely robust logical and analytical thinking; able to abstract and decompose complex systems and identify key relationships and levers that influence the outputs
- Able to model problems into quantitative systems, anticipate downstream effects, and draw actionable conclusions
- Excellent communication/presentation skills - ability to work closely with departmental managers and with senior staff
- R, SPSS, SAS, or other statistical analysis software competency. Programming experience (Python, C#, VBA, or others)
- Experienced with various testing methods such as multivariate, A/B, statistical hypothesis, and playtesting. Experienced with cluster analysis, regressions, distribution modeling, sensitivity analysis
- Strong understanding of game balance and game pacing of free-to-play games
- Knowledge of microeconomics and pricing theory, especially in the mobile gaming industry
Benefits And Perks
- 100% health benefit coverage for you and your dependents!
- Performance-based bonuses.
- 401K plan and stock options.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Great downtown Austin location with extensive nearby dining options and vibrant nightlife.
- Employee-driven entertainment, happy hours, and team-building events.
- Catered lunches multiple times per week.
- Snacks and drinks available in the kitchen.
- Casual work environment.
- An open, collaborative workspace.
- Commuter benefits program.
- *** During COVID 19 we are currently working from home
PLAYSTUDIOS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be considered regardless of their sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, or other protected category under the law.