Game Server Programmer
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Games | FN Engineering
What You'll Do
As part of the server team, you will be innovating and pushing the limits of what’s possible in multiplayer gaming while delivering the best experience possible for our players. You will problem-solve server performance and stability, and guide developers in creating new industry-leading features. Most importantly you’ll work with a creative, energetic, and fun team to continue making Fortnite one of the most popular and engaging gaming experiences in the world!
In This Role You Will
- Improve player experience by optimizing systems for latency, bandwidth, CPU usage, and memory
- Monitor live server data, problem-solving issues and making data analysis improvements along the way
- Architect and develop new features to enable continued growth
- Act as a bridge and subject matter expert between game developers and Unreal Engine networking tech
- Build tools and workflows to enable developer efficiency and autonomy
What We're Looking For
- Experience shipping networked multiplayer games
- Excellent C++ skills, with familiarity with scripting systems like Blueprint, Lua, Python, etc.
- Experience in a cross-disciplinary development environment, with excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with an existing game engine with an understanding of game networking concepts
- Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, making trade-offs between usability, performance, and memory
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
- Creativity in problem-solving and the ability to think outside of the established solutions
- Keen interest in games
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k, and profit-sharing.
All Epic employees can enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge in studios - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.