Game Streaming - Software & DevOps Engineer
About the job
If working on an agile, diverse team at the forefront of a paradigm shift in gaming sounds appealing, the Game Streaming team has an opportunity for you. The team is building a service providing gamers new choices for how, when and where they play.
Learn more about xCloud!
The Game Streaming Team builds and operates services that enable gaming from the Cloud by leveraging console hardware in Azure data centers. These services are highly available and deployed to multiple regions around the world by leveraging Azure Kubernetes (AKS).
We are looking for a capable and motivated Software Engineer with DevOps experience to help build efficient, scalable infrastructure components that enable services teams to build an extensible platform. We are a team of engineers who are passionate about foundational code, continuous learning, establishing new patterns, investigating and adopting new technologies. Collaboration, diversity, lean processes, transparency, and self-direction are valued here.
We are proud to be a team that provides support, opportunities and have room for our engineers to grow personally and professionally. Don't miss this opportunity to work on high tech projects that are key on the gaming industry transformation.
- Design Features end-to-end, write technical specs, review with stakeholders and outline the work as a backlog of items to be executed according to prioritization.
- Implement reliable solutions with proper telemetry, testing and debugging capabilities.
- Ensure quality of the feature area by designing, implementing and deploying solutions in a way where existing functionality and customers are not impacted.
- Debugging issues across feature areas, identify and drive improvements in tooling and instrumentation used by services that better enable diagnostic capabilities in the system.
- Analyze, define and estimate work in feature areas, call out risks, mitigations and be able to break down feature work into a workstreams that can be prioritized and delivered along with other features.
- Collaborate with partner teams to collect requirements, drive clarity, prioritization and deliver scenarios that provide business value.
- Conduct periodic on-call duties.
- 4+ years professional software development experience
- BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong design, testing, debugging and programming skills
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write concise and accurate technical documentation with supporting data
- Experience with Kubernetes and open source technologies
- Experience with service mesh technologies (LinkerD preferred)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (ADO preferred)
- Experience in DevOps and development of extensible of tools.
- Experience with operational service monitoring
- Service API design experience
- Experience with modern databases and storage solutions
- Experience with cloud service technologies and / or experience designing, developing, and operating high concurrency, globally distributed services
- C#, netcore, PowerShell development experience
- Experience with Terraform
#gamingjobs #xcloud #gamestreaming #devops #kubernetes #services
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.