Game Test Analyst _Default 2
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Game Test Analyst
at Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation
San Diego, CA
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner DZConneX (Yoh Services). The anticipated duration of this engagement will vary. The duration of the assignment cannot exceed 24 months.
This is an entry level role and great for a recent grad!
Game Testers at PlayStation are responsible for finding and replicating bugs/glitches and accurately reporting them to the game developers. The ideal candidate is a passionate and driven gamer who dreams of playing it first! We are looking for individuals that are analytical thinkers and problem solvers, have excellent grammar, and want to contribute their talents to the PlayStation team to help craft an exceptional entertainment experience.
Quality Assurance is a great way to get into the gaming industry and possibly grow into other positions/fields.
The Game Test Analyst is expected to support the PSS QA department in all areas including:
- Executing test plans on pre-release versions of software
- Assessing product functionality against official SIE quality standards
- Researching and documenting product defects and violations
- Logging issues for development team review in concise written report formats
- Applying knowledge of basic to intermediate networking principles and online console, PC, and mobile gaming / functionality elements
- Collaborating on miscellaneous QA test process related tasks / projects
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication (needs to be able to communicate bugs – how did you find them? What exact steps are needed to make it happen again?)
- Basic to intermediate understanding of networking setup and hardware, as well as how its principles and components apply to modern console, PC, and mobile gaming / functionality
- Ability to work in both an individual and team environment
- Flexible schedule
- 1+ years of previous QA experience in a related field
- 4 year college degree
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.