Gaming Field Service Tech I - Philadelphia, PA
Scientific Games (SG) is a global leader focused on delivering an ever-expanding portfolio of lottery and gaming products and services to the world's government-regulated and government-sponsored entities. Scientific Games' global reach is made possible through the expertise, skill and dedicated efforts of its 8,000+ employees who serve lottery and gaming customers in more than 100+ countries on 6 continents.
Are you ready to level up your career?
At Scientific Games, we are committed to making the best games, platforms and systems in the world. We are looking for smart, passionate and creative people to join our team and help us transform the gaming world. We are a global, industry-leading gaming technology company that embraces challenge, fosters an inclusive culture, values integrity, innovation and winning, and is committed to developing and supporting its people.
Whether you are a member of our award winning game studios, our industry leading systems group, product management, manufacturing group, services or any of our other amazing Gaming teams, you will be creating compelling games played around the world. We are dedicated to being the industry’s only COMPLETE global solutions provider with products that will enhance the entire gaming operation, both on the casino floor and behind the scenes.
If you are ready to play…Come join us and let’s make games!
Essential Job Functions
- Install, setup, maintain and reconfigure gaming products.
- Perform troubleshooting to the assembly level (printer, bill validator, cables, etc.).
- Order replacement parts and supplies.
- Maintain contact with the customer on a regular basis while performing work on their machines, including follow-up after work is completed.
- Responsible for required daily paperwork, including Field service Reports, Time Sheets, Expense Reports.
- Perform initial quality inspection of delivered games to customer.
- Perform final inspection to ensure proper operation after game installation.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Maintain current knowledge of game components and jurisdictional requirements.
- Keep supervisor informed of all on-going issues.
- Technical background, including a basic understanding of electronics and 1 year electrical/electronic experience is required.
- Prefer 1-3 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and be able to obtain CDL if necessary.
- Valid gaming card (or the ability to obtain one)
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Technical/Military Training Schools are a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to safely use common hand tools including the following: screw drivers, nut drivers, wrenches, hammers, center punches, drills, multimeters and polarity checkers.
- Ability to follow detailed written and verbal instructions and technical manuals, including block diagrams and basic schematics.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and be able to use the internet.
- Ability to interact with coworkers and customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to understand Scientific Games/gaming products, including theory of operation, abnormal operation and troubleshooting.
- Ability to understand Scientific Games policies and all job-related paperwork.
- Ability to interact with coworkers and customers in a courteous and professional manner, including problem resolution and decision making.
- Must be able to lift/carry 75 pounds.
- Must be able to sit, stand, crouch, bend, reach, kneel, lie prone, hold, push, pull and lower as necessary.
- Vision Requirements:
- Close vision
- Depth perception
- Distance vision
- Ability to adjust focus
- Peripheral vision
- Ability to distinguish colors
- This job entails frequent work in dimly lit, crowded, noisy conditions and around smokers.
- It is highly likely that there will be long periods of driving from one job site to the next, with frequent overnight stays.
- Must be able and willing to travel on short notice and work "on call".
- Must be able to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law , please click here for EEOC Poster .