Gaming Technical Director
About the job
Seeking an experienced Gaming Technical Director.
The Xbox Publishing Team responsible for Contraband, As Dusk Falls, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, and Tell Me Why is looking for a passionate technical leader, game and technology industry professional to help us drive new entertainment franchises with some of the best partners from around the globe. This is a rare opportunity to join a creatively driven team of people, develop exciting new projects, and take advantage of the newest technology available with backing and support from across Microsoft. Join the team driving world-class game development that sets the standard for entertainment across a growing family of devices including Xbox and Windows 10.
Must have a strong background in software engineering for large budget games. We’re looking for someone with strong communication skills and a self-driven approach to work. The ideal candidate understands large studio game development, enjoys collaborating with internal and external partners, and has a track record for delivering high quality software. A qualified applicant must have eight or more years of experience with C++, experience shipping multiple console or PC games, and demonstrate strong technical skills with game engine systems and engineering.
- Work in close partnership with internal and external teams of diverse and talented peers of various disciplines to solve technical issues across a diverse games portfolio
- Participate in performance reviews and provide optimization guidance
- Participate in cross-group work streams to research and develop new technology and processes.
- Collaborate closely with PMs, designers, artists, and central technology teams to prototype and/or implement new product features
- Become an expert in Microsoft platforms and services engineering, supporting partners with Xbox, Windows 10, and Xbox Live
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years professional development experience in C/C++
- Passion for games and technology
- Hands on experience shipping multiple titles
- Strong creative problem solving and algorithm development skills
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience working with external partners
- Demonstrated experience with modern game engines such as Unity, Unreal, or equivalent
- Strong technical skills in a specialist field like AI, Animation, Audio, Tools Pipelines or other
Bring your experience, talent, and passion to build visually stunning world-class games that showcase the Xbox and Windows platforms, and leverage our research and platform portfolio to supercharge your ideas.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.