Global Research and Consumer Insights Manager
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a research and consumer insights professional who enjoys uncovering the “why” behind consumer purchase decisions and marketplace dynamics. This research leader will initiate and synthesize primary and secondary research into actionable business insights that drive the business forward. This role supports the global research efforts across a range of franchises and departments for Blizzard and therefore needs to be able to work cross‐functionally and globally. The position reports to the Director, Global Research and Consumer Insights.
- Work with commercial, marketing, and business performance teams to create actionable research that addresses strategic questions to drive data-informed decision-making across the company
- Manage a wide variety of custom primary research studies from methodology design through final analysis and reporting
- Present research results, translating statistical data and qualitative insights into recommendations that various teams can both understand and act upon.
- Dive into internal data about Blizzard consumers to derive better understanding of our current and prior players in order to maximize marketing effectiveness, develop win-back programs, prioritize future content plans among many other actionable goals.
- Explore addressable audience segments and determine key trigger points for considering Blizzard games, services, and esports.
- Interact directly with senior management, marketing/publishing, analytics, business performance, production, and others to provide intelligence based on consumer research.
- Manage and direct outside research suppliers
- 7+ years’ experience in consumer/market research and insights either at a research firm or client-side consumer research function in a related area such as entertainment, consumer technology, or media
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience in an area that offers value to this role such as psychology, economics, business, marketing, statistics, or a related field
- Well-versed in conducting custom research in a related area such as entertainment, consumer tech, or media
- Strong quantitative skills and analytical mind
- Knowledgeable about gaming, the industry, and video game players
- Adept at uncovering actionable insights and stories within the data
- Loves rolling their sleeves up and diving into projects - could also do most research tasks yourself from the ground up yourself if needed
- Experienced presenting and communicating insights (not just data) to executives
- Ability to tell a compelling story with data
- Expertise in Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Graduate degree in psychology, statistics, economics, business, or a related quantitative field
- Experience with survey software packages (e.g. Qualtrics, Alchemer)
- Proficient in data analysis and/or visualization packages
- Experience conducting consumer research in Asia
- Foreign language proficiency
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard