Global Sports Marketing Intern
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, PGA TOUR 2K and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
2K is looking for a Global Marketing Intern to join our Global Marketing Sports Alt (SALT) team. This person will jump off the top rope and provide integral support across a variety of areas of global marketing while working on world class franchises like WWE 2K and PGA TOUR 2K. This role will collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders on all aspects of Global Marketing providing an unrivaled internship opportunity.
We are looking for a motivated and savvy collaborator that is ready to make things happen. This is an exciting time for the SALT marketing team, and you will be key to the future growth
What You Will Do
- Provide end-to-end support from development to creation and execution of brand creative including key art, trailers, packaging, advertising, websites, social media, events/activations, sales support materials and more.
- Aide the team in a variety of project management tasks tracking projects and ensuring the team remains organized, on schedule and executing at a top level in a high volume and fast paced environment.
- Assist the Global Marketing Team as marketing strategies and tactical plans are developed through lifecycle of our games focused on long-term acquisition, engagement, retention and monetization.
- Research, analyze and audit the brands we work with and stay on the pulse of what is relevant with our audiences and the gaming industry to inform our strategies, tactical plans and executions.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
- Enrolled in a college, university, or trade school at the time of internship
- You are a utility player and jack (or jill) of all trades, hungry to learn, and eager to jump right in
- You are studying marketing, business, communications or a related field
- You are passionate, like to collaborate with others and bring fresh ideas to the table
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- Knowledge or interest in WWE, PGA TOUR and video games is a plus