Group Product Manager, Chat & Social
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition. The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025. As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry.
The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month. Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times' Best Places to Work, Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC's Disruptor 50, one of Forbes' Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000. What We're Looking For: Powering Esports for Everyone, is the core vision of Skillz.
Who We're Looking For
Skillz is looking for exceptional and experienced product management professionals to join our Consumer Experience product team. The right Group Product Manager (GPM) will know how to build a product team, instill a culture of excellence and passion, and deliver amazing experiences and results.
As the Group Product Manager for Chat/Social, you will define the vision and strategy to grow player and developer adoption of our existing chat offering, scaling it beyond dozens of games and 100Ks of DAU. You will also identify, champion and deliver new social and sharing features to enhance community, while delivering meaningful business impact.
What You'll Do
- Manage and mentor a high performance, diverse & collaborative product team.
- Work cross functionally with stakeholders to define product vision, strategy and roadmap aligned with the overall company product roadmap and business strategy.
- Drive definition, design, implementation and GTM of features and functional refinements.
- Drive analysis of releases and share results through quarterly business reviews (QBRs); build a track record of delivering forecasted outcomes.
- Work with program management to estimate ship dates of major deliverables with a 75% or better accuracy.
- 5+ years of experience building and delivering user-centered, engaging experiences across a range of platforms and can demonstrate the success and impact of your efforts for both users and business.
- A leader who people want to follow. You build trust, inspire, and mentor your team.
- Deep knowledge of consumer products, highly refined visual design sensibility, and a passion for mobile.
- A great communicator (oral, written, and visual) who has the ability to influence and build consensus both within a product team and with executive stakeholders across the company.
- Experience building mobile gameplay, viewing, discovery and/or social experiences at a platform level is a strong plus.
- BA/BS and/or MA/MS in a related field
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.