Head of Content
About the job
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
IGT is committed to fighting the COVID-19 pandemic. All newly hired employees at IGT must receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before they begin work unless they are approved for medical or religious accommodation.
The Head of Content, PlayCasino is responsible for creating and driving the global PlayCasino content strategy and roadmap. PlayCasino content includes all of IGT’s digital casino games - including slots, table games, and video poker - which are distributed to digital casino operators across the world. This role will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure an optimized content strategy and roadmap across global regions, with the intent to maximize PlayCasino’s market position and business results.
This role requires deep knowledge and intuition about the digital casino market, including competitive dynamics, industry trends, customer motivations, and player behaviors, with a keen understanding of differences by global region. It also requires an understanding of the regulatory and social factors that influence the industry, and the ability to develop and deliver content strategies accordingly.
The role further requires an ongoing assessment and prioritization of 3rd party content providers and games that can contribute to the roadmap via the PlayCasino 3rd party content program, including providing guidance to 3rd parties to ensure they deliver in alignment with the overall content strategy.
This role will lead a team of Content Managers designed to support the overall goals of the position, including ensuring: 1) highly-attuned regional content expertise, 2) a strong portfolio mix of both omnichannel and original content, 3) active local stakeholder engagement and alignment, and 4) support for go-to-market activities in each region.
- Lead and manage the global PlayCasino content team, ensuring the ability to support all of PlayCasino’s global markets with competitive content strategies and roadmaps
- Be the recognized thought leader and contact point for all PlayCasino content-related topics, including ownership and accountability for PlayCasino content decisions, priorities, and tradeoffs
- Develop and sustain relationships across IGT stakeholder teams, gathering key inputs to help optimize overall roadmap plans and efficiencies
- Stay tightly connected to market, customer, and competitive trends to continuously drive and justify content priorities and tradeoffs, including ongoing assessment of potential content partners
- Evaluate and execute omnichannel content strategies in connection with IGT land-based casino colleagues, including maintaining awareness of IGT land-based content portfolios and strategies
- Champion the PlayCasino roadmap and portfolio both internally and externally, including educating relevant teams on details needed to support their job functions
Work Closely With The Following Groups
- Game Studios to communicate content priorities and requirements, and to help optimize roadmap strategies across markets
- Game Studios to ensure that games meet requirements and quality/competitive goals
- RGS product team to align RGS feature dependencies and overall player experience
- IP licensing teams to propose and evaluate brand and IP licensing considerations
- Commercial teams to ensure that games roadmaps for each region are aligned with local market competitive factors and business potential
- Commercial teams to support customer meetings, including understanding customer requirements, preferences, and business drivers
- IGT land-based casino teams to ensure strong omnichannel content portfolio and strategy
- Marketing teams to support go-to-market activities and messaging
- Analytics teams to monitor game KPIs, evaluate new content initiatives, and ensure data-driven content decisions
- 3rd party teams to ensure that 3rd party deliverables align with the overall content strategy
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in a business, technical, or creative field
- 8+ years experience in the gaming industry, preferably including significant experience in game development or product/content management for digital casino
- 3+ years people management experience
- Passion for games with a deep understanding of player motivations and behaviors
- Ability to dissect and evaluate detailed game elements and player experiences, with an “eye” for what makes a game good
- Creative and innovative thinker with the ability to drive high-potential game concepts and features
- Deep comfort with data; can identify and learn from data-driven insights
- Understanding of the key distinctions that drive land-based casino content versus digital casino content, with the ability to steer omnichannel strategies accordingly
- Strong business savvy; able to think commercially
- Demonstrated experience working productively across time zones
- Exhibited ability to coach, mentor, and positively influence others
- Role model for transparency, accountability, integrity, and effective communication
Keys to Success
- Building collaborative relationships
- Decision making
- Drive results
- Foster innovation
- Personal energy
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
In addition to our competitive benefits package, we offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, and free identity theft insurance.
IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.