Blur Studio, the team behind Netflix's LOVE, DEATH + ROBOTS, is looking for a head writer for an upcoming CG animated anthology series. The show will consist of multiple short animated films, with work to begin in January-February 2021.
- Lead the show's writing process through development, prep, and the early stages of production, working with the project's supervising director, staff writers, Blur Studio's team, and IP rights-holders to develop, deliver, and refine scripts.
- Manage up to 5 staff writers, assigning and rewriting scripts as necessary
- Deliver short scripts spanning a range of genres, styles, tones, and fictional universes, all for adult audiences
You should be:
- An experienced TV, feature, or video game writer
- Strongly collaborative, able to manage downward to a writing staff, and upward to the producers, supervising director, owners of the IP to be adapted, and management teams at the studio and production companies
- Comfortable adapting intellectual properties (books, short stories, etc.), transposing and enhancing elements for the screen, while remaining faithful to the source material
- Able to execute on distinctive stylistic and tonal visions for each short episode
- Able to work simultaneously on multiple standalone stories at different stages of development/prep/production
- Able to commit full-time to up to a year of work
- Experience in animation
- Interest in video games
Please submit your credits, a brief statement, one writing sample (hourlong or longer), and resume.