Host/Producer - IGN
IGN is on the search for our next generation of hosts. If you've got experienced opinions about what we stand for -- games, movies, TV, Social Media, tech and more -- and you know how to deliver on-camera and in the VO booth, this job could be for you. Being a host at IGN also means producing your own content, you're responsible for helping to build and manage productions along with starring in them. Shooting and editing skills are not required, but certainly wouldn’t hurt!
To apply, you must have a killer reel that shows off your skills with relevant, varied productions. It must be robust with diverse examples and not just a testimony or plea for hire. Also, please send us YouTube, Vimeo, or equivalent link(s) only so we can watch on our desktops or phones. No files will be accepted.
IGN’s Video team is a collaborative environment made up of all kinds of people that share a common love of games, TV, movies, comics, tech, and all things geeky. We strongly encourage people of every race, gender, sexual orientation, and background to apply.
- Produce and star in daily and weekly IGN video content both VOD and live
- Track news trends across all platforms to inform video topics
- Expertly research relevant products and topics
- Write scripts, outlines, and co-produce show rundowns
- Manage production timelines
- Promote and achieve views goals for video content
- Publish accompanying copy for IGN articles
- Host branded segments and events, work with sales on video integrations
- Work with Social teams to create native content for all IGN Platforms
- Occasionally travel to produce segments on the road at live events, trade shows, conventions, set visits, and field packages
What will get you in the door?
- A demo reel with relevant, published examples
- Demonstrable wit and wisdom -- you must have strong insights and knowledge on a wide range of topics
- Excellent conversational abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Deep knowledge of video games, movies, TV, comics, Social Media and pop culture
- 1 to 3 years of experience in TV / Film / Online Media Production
Not Needed But Helpful
- A following, and contacts in our industry
- Teleprompter experience
- Live show production experience
- Voiceover experience
- Video editing experience
- Experience collaborating with content teams, producers, branded entertainment, social teams and more.
- Experience with branded entertainment
- A Bachelor's Degree
Here's The Good Stuff About Us
- Great benefits
- Live and breathe geek culture
- Access to the latest and greatest in the IGN space
- Access to industry professionals, influencers, and high profile companies
- The opportunity to dream big and make things happen
- Open and casual work environment
- A plethora of arcade games, console games, and fully-automated latte machines
- People who like to have fun but may plot your demise in your online gaming.