Jr. Associate Software Engineer, Mobile (Temporary)
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same: to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. Our team is comprised of dedicated professionals with years of experience who are at the forefront of the gaming industry. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room.
Join us. Shape your story here.
As a junior associate software engineer, you’ll work remotely from your home, or from our legendary Chicago studio, helping our senior analytics engineer build out the technical infrastructure for data analytics on our next AAA mobile game.
You’ll be responsible for development, maintenance and testing of both client and server-side analytics events for thousands of daily active users. You’ll help gather requirements from the design and product team and turn those requirements into implementation. You’ll learn about the pipeline for a modern mobile game, finding yourself working in purchase code one day, and combat code the next.
- Meet with designers and product managers, finding out what they need to know about player behavior.
- Meet with data analysts, determining the type and format of data needed to answer player behavior questions.
- Work with the senior analytics engineer to determine how best to implement analytics in-game, given the requirements
- Experience in the C++ language
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Genuine interest in writing code that’s clean and clear
- Great communication skills, especially through remote-oriented tools like Slack or Zoom
- Passion for learning and growing; asking for help when you need it
The Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with SQL
- Experience with UnrealEngine4.
- Experience with mobile platform languages like Objective-C or Java
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.