Lead Artist - Games
Ready At Dawn is looking for a Lead Artist to join us in creating high profile original titles for both the VR and AAA console spaces.The Lead Artist is a 3D art generalist, with an excellent mix of aesthetic, technical, and communication skills, who has a passion for creating VR games. The Lead Artist would lead the art efforts for our Echo VR projects. This role is part R&D artist, part aesthetic guide, part problem solver, and helps to propose creative solutions to challenging visual problems, as well as working to support and empower the entire art team in making gameplay experiences that are fun, intuitive, and visually stunning.In this leadership role we are also looking for a strong ability to serve as an advocate for the art team, to help nurture and guide other artists, through both mentorship and critique, as well as serve as a passionate collaborative partner alongside the design and gameplay teams to prototyping unique and engaging gameplay experiences.The Lead Artist is also very much involved in helping to advance the overall studio art process through R&D and pipeline development, alongside the various art, tools, and engine teams.
- Collaborate with Design and Gameplay teams to prototype multiplayer levels, characters, and social player experiences
- Provide guidance and mentorship to other artists on the team, as well as reviews and critiques for external artists
- Help establish and maintain both aesthetic quality and technical performance standards (poly count, memory, draw calls, etc.)
- Work with the art team to guide creative and engine-efficient art solutions for visual problems
- Collaborate with tools and engine teams to continually improve upon our custom workflows and technology
- Experience as a 3D Artist in video games in a Lead-type role
- Experience communicating and collaborating with various cross-functional partners and collaborative
- Attention to detail for both aesthetic and technical quality
- Understanding of a number of CG disciplines (modeling, texturing, shading, lighting, and post-process fx)
- Knowledge in games, with experience critically analyzing them
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.