Lead Business Analyst
Job Posting Title
Lead Business Analyst
This position will be key in helping product managers, game engineers and other business stakeholders (e.g. Finance, Business Operations) gather analytics and information on various game activities and game performance. Although the main scope of this role is analytics output and business insights, the position is data-intensive and will require a deep understanding of the game data and taxonomy and the ability to query data and manipulate data in order to deliver insights and recommendations.
- Managing the pipeline of data & analytics requests and coordinating with other analysts on project coverage and timelines
- Partnering with PMs and game stakeholders to understand product needs and communicate insights/recommendations
- Supporting studio PMs, Finance, Business Operations and other team strategies and data requests, as needed
- Creating ad hoc analysis and ad hoc dashboards
- Working closely with data scientists and data engineers to ensure soundness of queries and analysis
- Working with data engineering to productionalize any ad hoc dashboards that need sustainability and require long-term implementation
- Consulting with PMs, data science, and engineering on requested changes and enhancements to the game data taxonomy.
- Identifying repeated processes that should be automated and surfacing them to the data engineering or data science teams
- Documenting, maintaining and continuously improving the quality of new and existing data governance and business intelligence capabilities and processes.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a data analytics role with scope of increasing responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in STEM, Economics, Finance, or related field
- Proficiency in SQL is essential. Proficiency in another scripting language (Python, R, etc.) is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders to gather data requirements and produce appropriate analysis
- Experience querying data to perform ad hoc analysis and deliver meaningful results
- Strong attention to detail and an analytical mindset
- Excellent knowledge of databases, data flows, and data manipulation
- Experience with designing, developing, and maintaining applications in data visualization platforms
- Experience with Excel
- Knowledge of the gaming industry is a significant advantage.
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special. That's why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
About Big Fish
Celebrating 20 years delighting players worldwide, Big Fish Games is a mobile games category leader in Casual & Social Casino.
Big Fish operates an extensive portfolio of popular games across genres, including EverMerge, Cooking Craze, Gummy Drop, Big Fish Casino, Jackpot Magic Slots, and Fairway Solitaire. Our core values: All about the player, Talent Unleashed, Collective Brilliance and Good Business, Good Citizen.
Why Big Fish?
At Big Fish Games, we make the best games, the best possible way. We show up every day to enchant and delight our players and contribute to building a great company. We think big because that’s what our players demand.
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
USA - Remote
Big Fish Games R0008391