PeopleSoft Requisition Number
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
WB Games New York works with some of the top talent in the game industry to build online competitive and social features for video games. Our highly experienced team of engineers utilize cutting-edge technology to build game services that are robust and scalable enough to support world-class developers such as NetherRealm Studios, Rocksteady, Monolith Productions, WB Montréal, and more!
WB Games Inc., is looking to hire a Live Ops Producer for the WB Games central tech team (WB Games New York - WBNY). The Live Ops Producer will serve as the production lead of the team responsible for successfully launching and maintaining multiple online game titles.
You will join an ambitious, experienced team, and have a significant impact by owning all pre- and post-launch live operations procedures.
This is a great position for someone with a strong background in technology and operating live services, but with aspirations and strong skill sets in production or project management.
- You will be responsible for managing a schedule and backlog that organizes the requests from multiple sources. This includes our clients, release schedules, security teams, product team, management, and internal needs.
- You will need to prioritize and assign work to live ops engineers based on the schedule and the team member’s ability. Since you’re in live operations, you’ll need to be able to reassign/reprioritize work daily.
- You will oversee and assist with system health and operational issues. We expect you to be able to be comfortable enough with our monitoring tools to help identify and diagnose issues, as well as train others to become experts. We use Datadog, Sentry, Kibana, and Slack as just a few of our monitoring tools.
- Our systems are supporting millions of players worldwide, 24/7/365. You will need to manage, and participate in, an on-call rotation.
- We run system load tests to prepare our services for high-volume game launches. You will play a key role in organizing, scheduling, and reporting on these tests.
- Our infrastructure runs primarily on Amazon Web Services, but we also use lots of other 3 rd party services. You will be responsible for working with the engineers to manage these accounts. We also expect you to regularly report on costs and identify any significant changes.
- We are always learning! We expect you to understand our current processes and workflows, but overtime provide alternatives and suggestions that could improve our operational efficiency.
- Experience supporting a live service.
- Experience shipping products on a larger scale.
- Experience with project management tools such as Confluence and Jira.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong stress management skills and, by extension, crisis management ability.
- Experience (or strong interest) in the gaming industry.
- Familiarity with estimating time and requirements for deliverables.
- Display aptitude for quickly learning new techniques and technologies. Consistently provides quality deliverables within the expected time frame.
- Perform most job-related duties with minimal supervision.
- Take initiative in pursuing new assignments. May pursue new assignments and identify tasks.
- Develop relationships across own team and with peers on other teams for the purpose of enhancing knowledge and visibility of broader development process. Actively share knowledge through peer mentoring and informal teachings. Learn from and receive guidance from more experienced employees.
The PerksExclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screeningsPaid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employeesAccess to well-being tools, resources, and freebiesAccess to in-house learning and development resourcesPart of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.