Live Services Marketing Intern - NBA2K
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
Reporting to the Manager, Global Live Services Marketing, the Live Services Marketing Intern will support the NBA 2K Live Services Marketing Team by helping to drive best-in-class creative to support key Live Services content across Seasons, inclusive of NBA 2K’s key modes; MyTEAM, MyPLAYER and Competitive. This role will research and analyze best practices in Live Services based media and video games, while reviewing how creative is shared across web, social media, email, and in-game. They will collaborate with cross functional teams to help plan, communicate, and share Live Services creative and content across the organization.
As Live Services becomes an increasingly more important part of the business at NBA 2K it is essential, this role acts as a brand advocate for Live Services Marketing and ensures content delivered across all marketing channels drives value for our customers and the brand.
What You Will Do
- Help write Seasonal marketing briefs that can be used across marketing channels
- Review, provide feedback and help approve creative to support campaigns driving engagement in key NBA 2K modes
- Collaborate with teams across the NBA 2K org including Marketing, Commercial, Creative, Demand-Generation and Social to ensure that content is communicated and shared in a timely fashion
- Maintain the content marketing calendar for NBA 2K marketing channels to ensure updates are effectively communicated and all cross-functional teams have visibility into upcoming campaigns
- Review organic and paid campaign performances and make asset optimization recommendations
- Research and analyze best practices for Live Services Marketing across competitors, including playing video games and identifying ways in the video game communicates with it’s players and how this ties to the out-of-game marketing experience
- Research, develop and share a strategic recommendation on a topic related to the gaming industry with Marketing leadership.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
- Enrolled in either a college, university, or trade school at the time of the internship
- Studying Marketing or a related field
- Enjoy creative thinking and are happy to collaborate within a team and across an organization
- Driven, analytical and organized
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- Knowledgeable about current social media trends
- Curiosity for new platforms and emerging technology in the digital space
- Passionate about NBA 2K, video games, and/or NBA basketball is a plus