Manager, Ad Monetization
PeopleSoft Requisition Number
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
NetherRealm: The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same; to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. We encompass the best of both worlds – a team of dedicated professionals with years of experience, who are also at the forefront of an industry taking over the entertainment landscape. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room! Monolith: For the past 20 years Monolith has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next game is going to be our best yet. That’s where you come in – for us to achieve that we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Come join us and help create our next AAA title! Turbine: Founded in 1994, Turbine, Inc., a Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment development studio, is focused on creating free-to-play games for mobile platforms. The studio is utilizing its extensive expertise in creating persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities to develop its mobile titles, which include Batman™: Arkham Underworld and the upcoming Game of Thrones® mobile game. Avalanche: Avalanche Software was acquired by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment from Disney in 2016. The studio's first title under WBIE is a companion video game to the upcoming Cars 3, in partnership with Warner Bros., Disney, and Pixar. WB Games SF: Warner Bros. is a top video games publisher across multiple platforms. In mobile games, we have a growing portfolio of hits that includes DC Legends, Mortal Kombat X, and LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, and we continue to expand by adding great people and leveraging the best portfolio of brands and intellectual property in the industry, such as DC Comics, Harry Potter, and LEGO. We are looking to add enthusiastic, talented and experienced professionals to our Mobile Publishing team. WB Games New York: WB Games New York works with some of the top talent in the game industry to build online competitive and social features for video games. Our highly experienced team of engineers utilize cutting-edge technology to build game services that are robust and scalable enough to support world-class developers such as NetherRealm Studios, Rocksteady, Monolith Productions, WB Montréal, and more!
Warner Bros. is a top video games publisher and we continue to expand by adding great people and leveraging the best portfolio of brands and intellectual property in the industry. We are looking to add enthusiastic, talented, and experienced professionals to our Digital Publishing team.
As part of the Ad Monetization team, you will drive growth to the company’s games portfolio by growing the ad monetization efforts on several key titles. Ideal candidates will have demonstrable success in growing in-game advertising revenue alongside an understanding and passion for gaming. Candidates are also expected to have experience in digital marketing, business operations, familiarity with performance data and project management skills. Successful candidates exhibit the right balance of utilizing data to inform decisions while combining a non-conventional/”thinking outside the box” attitude to execute and achieve results.
In this critical role, candidates will work closely with Product Managers, Game Designers, Engineers and others across the Digital Publishing organization and Warner Bros. family of game studios.
- Take lead on a portfolio of games. Manage ad revenue to consistently meet and exceed business targets Act as primary liaison with game teams to champion the ad monetization opportunity. Become a subject matter expert in in-game ad monetization, educating internal stakeholders on monetization models and produce regular reports to evangelize success.
- Work cross-functionally to develop an ad monetization roadmap. Identify and scope opportunities, build expected outcomes, prioritize and project manage the end-to-end process for implementation, release, and live operations.
- Manage and cultivate strategic relationships with key internal and external partners.
- Identify, prioritize, and execute strategies to grow revenue from in-game advertising.
- Monitor and optimize ad revenue, eCPM, impressions and fill rate. Test a variety of partners, formats, frequencies, and integrations to maximize performance.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Analytics team to establish and continually refine ad monetization KPIs, LTV models, and related analytic frameworks.
- Explain shifts in advertising market, territory/region dynamics, mobile marketing trends, and user quality trends.
- 4+ years experience in advertising monetization, pricing/yield management and game analytics.
- Demonstrable success of monetizing freemium games through in-game advertising and cross promotion tools on iOS and Android platform.
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or Mathematics.
- Ability to perform research and analytics at industry, genre, and game level to inform roadmap.
- Strong business and creative capabilities. You can confidently draw a line from detailer player experience to financial outcomes.
- Blend of creativity and analytical skill with a strong results-oriented, metrics-driven approach to problem solving.
- Experience building and managing relationships with network partners.
- Proficiency with MS Office (incl. Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Google Drive products.
- Experience with Looker, Tableau, and other data visualization platforms a plus.
- Experience with AppAnnie, SensorTower, or other market intelligence products a plus.
- Working knowledge of SQL a plus.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues across different disciplines and locations to achieve results.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment and prioritize work to meet specific deadlines required.
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented.
- Flexibility to travel to Warner Bros. studios as required.
- Attendance at industry conferences as require.
- Passion/knowledge about games is a plus.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.