Manager Game Sales, Financial Analysis
Are you ready to level up your career?
At Scientific Games, we are committed to making the best games, platforms and systems in the world. We are looking for smart, passionate and creative people to join our team and help us transform the gaming world. We are a global, industry-leading gaming technology company that embraces challenge, fosters an inclusive culture, values integrity, innovation and winning, and is committed to developing and supporting its people.
Whether you are a member of our award winning game studios, our industry leading systems group, product management, manufacturing group, services or any of our other amazing Gaming teams, you will be creating compelling games played around the world. We are dedicated to being the industry’s only COMPLETE global solutions provider with products that will enhance the entire gaming operation, both on the casino floor and behind the scenes.
If you are ready to play…Come join us and let’s make games!
Scientific Games (SG) is a global leader focused on delivering an ever-expanding portfolio of lottery and gaming products and services to the world's government-regulated and government-sponsored entities. Scientific Games' global reach is made possible through the expertise, skill and dedicated efforts of its 8,000+ employees who serve lottery and gaming customers in more than 100+ countries on 6 continents.
The Manager Game Sales role is responsible for partnering with the Game Sale business to provide strategic thinking and ensure that both short term and long-term business objectives are being met. The role is responsible for planning & analysis and driving business insights and recommendations. This position also evaluates business proposals, identifies profit improvement opportunities, and facilitates process improvements.
- Effective business partnering- Development of trusted relationships with cross functional team members, effectively influencing organizational decisions.
- Provide commercial advice into the development, deployment and execution of the Game Sale strategy.
- Identify key business drivers and provide analysis of variances from targeted results along with recommendations to close any gaps. Identify trends in performance and implement recommended actions to improve performance in consultation with product management and finance leadership.
- Active management of core cash flow drivers (EBIT, inventory, payables, receivables, and capex) and identification of opportunities to bridge gap to Plan commitments.
- The role also plays a very active role in the creation and implementation of initiatives to manage the gap between current performance and required performance both in the short and long term. This is done by either leading or supporting business initiatives or change management programs.
- Profitability Analysis.
- NPV analysis of sales proposals and promotional programs.
- Conduct, understand, and analyze potential customer deals with attention to key financial metrics (Margin $, Margin %, FPD, ASP, Ship Share, ROIC, etc.).
- Preparation of margin analysis for products and product categories.
- End-of-life analysis for Platforms and Signage.
- Owner of the Game Sale Budget and forecast processes. Ensure that outputs are linked to key drivers and ensuring that all assumptions are visible and agreed.
- Understand and actively manage direct costs (BOM, R&M, Refurb, Spare Parts, Royalties, etc.) as well as operating expenses.
- Delivers on commitments, adheres to deadlines, takes personal responsibility for outputs, admits to mistakes and learns from them.
- Prepare Quarterly review and budget presentations and assist in the cascading down of key initiatives.
- Management of the opportunities and risk process throughout the Game Sale business.
- Tracking of performance for the Game Sale business against budgeted/forecasted requirements (sales volumes/margins, share targets etc.).
- Team with the accounting team to ensure an accurate and on-time month-end close process for the recurring revenue line of business.
- Prepare monthly management reports, analysis and communication of month-end results, and recommendation of corresponding actions.
- Recruit, train, develop, lead, mentor, motivate and appraise team members and ensure that the safety, welfare and discipline of the team is in line with the published core competencies of Scientific Games.
- Work with direct reports to formulate and implement individual development plans for improved performance.
- Assist in the preparation of board of directors and executive leadership presentation materials.
- Provide support for the company’s quarterly reporting requirements.
Experience & Qualifications
- Requires an undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, economics or similar. MBA or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years finance/accounting experience.
- Must possess a strong ability to synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Successfully lead the finance team and work with management to move forward finance initiatives and objectives.
- Desire to understand the business and work effectively with multiple departments.
- Can communicate effectively both in written and verbal forms.
- Ability to educate, inform and influence cross-functional middle managers through written/ verbal communications.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, use hands, operate a computer, and have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision, and ability to adjust focus working with computer and business equipment.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law , please click here for EEOC Poster