Manager, Market Research & Insights
Niantic is positioned as a leader in augmented reality and mobile gaming and is looking for a skilled Product Marketing Analyst to help research, develop, and shape the next generation of Niantic products. The Product Marketing Analyst will support cross-functional internal teams ranging from Product Marketing, Marketing, Growth, and executive leadership; working with various external vendors and agencies to educate the organization on marketing and industry trends and providing consumer insights.
The Product Marketing Analyst will direct and execute Niantic’s marketing analytics program and includes leading total addressable market studies and consumer insight and satisfaction measurements across the Niantic portfolio. This cross functional role is crucial to craft Niantic's marketing strategies, product launches, and to measure quantitative and qualitative results. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative market data, product performance, trends, strategies and competition to help define product launch strategies, drive successful product launches, and measure results.
- Perform forecasting, Total Addressable Market studies, consumer insights, competitive analysis, ad hoc reporting, and market trends across the gaming and game development industries.
- Manage research agency and partner with external vendors as needed.
- Work with the PM and PMM team to conduct research that offers insights into the attributes and needs of both existing and potential users. Help identify product gaps where Niantic could better satisfy end users and partners. Author business requirements based on these user insights that help inform and influence the long-term product roadmap.
- Track and interpret product and marketing analytics; suggest improvements or revised marketing and product strategies.
- Conduct return on investment analyses on big marketing programs and apply takeaways to future programs.
- Assist Niantic publishing team with product portfolio and slate planning analysis. Advise and educate partners and / or senior management on the best ways to use provided data.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, statistics, finance or a related field and a passion for analyzing products, customer insights, and market data.
- 3-5+ years of relevant analytics, finance, and/or modeling experience ideally in mobile games or similar industries.
- Extensive experience with SQL and AB testing.
- Experience with various market research data services e.g. App Annie, Sensor Tower.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.