About the job
Las Vegas NV, Los Angeles CA, Portland OR, Vancouver BC
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
You are motivated by your own successes, buoyed by the talent of those around you, and energized by tough challenges. You enjoy a mission-driven, fast paced environment where you may be juggling multiple tasks at once but always get the job done. You are experienced in running high-visibility projects and used to being a centralized hub of information.
Marketing Analyst At Skillz
Marketing professionals at Skillz work on a wide variety of questions and issues. You will work on projects such as:
- Designing, launching, and measuring player engagement initiatives in the Skillz ecosystem
- Running impactful A/B experiments to optimize the player experience
- Driving improvements in internal processes and systems to enable the company to scale
- Assessing and improving player retention
In this role, you will function as a data-driven decision maker and deliver recommendations to drive the Skillz Marketing Organization forward.
- Support our understanding of customer behaviors and lifecycles, such as retention, player engagement, conversion, and churn
- Drive highly visible strategic projects, collaborating cross-functionally to structure problems, understand opportunities, and develop solutions
- Use storytelling skills to persuasively communicate your recommendations to senior executives and other stakeholders
- Design, develop, and share reports and dashboards used by the entire company every day
- Own key areas of the business front-to-end, including execution and follow-through on initiatives
- 5+ years experience
- SQL-savvy, API-experienced, and Agile-minded (JIRA)
- Inquisitive mindset with a major in marketing, business, economics, statistics, engineering, or mathematics preferred but not required
- Successful track record of setting and achieving goals, KPIs, and/or OKRs
- Confident performing quantitative or strategic analysis (preferably in consumer marketing, consulting, or product development) preferred but not required
- Skilled in leading cross-functional initiatives that require significant collaboration between different departments, including both technical and business teams
- Self-starter with a ‘yes, AND...’ attitude with strong communication skills
- Ability to solve unstructured problems independently by developing and applying appropriate frameworks or techniques
- Honesty in developing and sharing insights gained from our player data
- Qualified to use data visualization platforms and connect data insights to strategy
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status and or disability status.