Are you ready to level up your career?
At Scientific Games, we are committed to making the best games, platforms and systems in the world. We are looking for smart, passionate and creative people to join our team and help us transform the gaming world. We are a global, industry-leading gaming technology company that embraces challenge, fosters an inclusive culture, values integrity, innovation and winning, and is committed to developing and supporting its people.
Whether you are a member of our award winning game studios, our industry leading systems group, product management, manufacturing group, services or any of our other amazing Gaming teams, you will be creating compelling games played around the world. We are dedicated to being the industry’s only COMPLETE global solutions provider with products that will enhance the entire gaming operation, both on the casino floor and behind the scenes.
If you are ready to play…Come join us and let’s make games!
Scientific Games (SG) is a global leader focused on delivering an ever-expanding portfolio of lottery and gaming products and services to the world's government-regulated and government-sponsored entities. Scientific Games' global reach is made possible through the expertise, skill and dedicated efforts of its 8,000+ employees who serve lottery and gaming customers in more than 100+ countries on 6 continents.
Primarily responsible for supporting and deploying computer networks, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), intranets, and other data communications systems within the SG Gaming network.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs tier II escalation troubleshooting and support for internal and external customer networks within the SG Gaming network
- Performs network maintenance and upgrades as required
- Monitors network elements and researches anomalies such as bandwidth, response time, CPU and memory thresholds
- Maintains and supports the Solarwinds NMS system elements, alerts, and databases
- Maintains standard network configurations in routers, switches and firewalls
- Work within the network engineering team and with the network operations center to develop and implement incident resolution and escalation processes
- Maintains network Vision documentation and IP Address management
- Reviews daily/monthly reports of network outages and issues
- Troubleshoots and resolves network WAN outages and escalates with telecom provider as needed
- Researches, resolves and documents Syslog generated error messages
- Provides change management support for network projects as needed
- Coordinate installation and provisioning of network equipment with customers, field service, and ISP’s
- Provides 24/7 on call support on a rotational basis
- Other tasks as assigned
Training and/or Experience:
- 4+ years supporting a large enterprise network
- Cisco CCNA certification required, Cisco CCNP certification preferred
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related field (or commensurate experience)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve network issues using standard troubleshooting techniques (PING/TRACEROUTE)
- Knowledge of network monitoring protocols (SNMP) and systems such as Solarwinds
- Knowledge of trouble ticketing systems and methodologies
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot Cisco networking devices such as layer 2/3 switches, routers, and firewalls
- Ability to create and maintain Visio and Excel network documentation
- Knowledge of routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF and BGP
- Experience in supporting and troubleshooting VPN Technologies - IPSec, DMVPN, and site to site VPN solutions
- Understanding of IP concepts including routing, sub-netting, and VLAN's
- Knowledge of TCP/IP including IPv4 and IPv6
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Requires excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
Must be able to obtain required gaming cards and licensing upon employment. A security investigation will be conducted. A drug test will be required before employment
Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, ability to distinguish colors. Ability to view computer monitors for extended periods.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law , please click here for EEOC Poster .