Oculus Store Launch Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Store Operations team brings together people with a passion for engaging Oculus consumers with relevant and entertaining content from the best VR developers. This area of Facebook has seen significant growth in recent years to become a key innovation contributor to the company and continues to evolve with the industry to create new business opportunities. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by working together at the forefront of digital content distribution. As part of this, we are creating a Launch Management team who will be responsible for implementing the Oculus content strategy by focusing on key titles launching in the Oculus Store. The Oculus Store Launch Manager will provide white glove support to tier 1 VR developers during the testing and launch phase of their VR application. They will work collaboratively, as part of a cross-functional team, to optimize the developer experience and consumer value proposition. This is a unique role that is highly operational but with lots of opportunity for creativity and influence within the Oculus developer community. The ideal candidate is already well-versed in mobile, PC, or video game console app store distribution and strongly believes in providing an efficient and empathetic developer experience while ensuring high quality content for consumers. The candidate should be an enthusiastic and flexible teammate, have proven negotiation skills, and a strong analytical mind that thrives in a fast-paced commercial environment.
- Work directly with assigned accounts to advance the content strategy and develop a long-range plan for launch management
- Provide 1:1 guidance to developers throughout the launch phase of their application including in the following areas but not limited to: QA pass/fail management, asset design, and launch timing. Ensure next steps for developers are clear and actionable
- Maintain strong ownership of the titles you work on, triaging and working across functions to ensure resolution of all issues as they arise within the launch window
- Meet regularly with the Developer Strategy and Studios teams to ensure alignment with accounts
- Coordinate with the Developer Strategy, Studios, Oculus Store, and Marketing teams throughout launch management and to ensure alignment with broader platform activities
- Configure launch for titles in proprietary CMS
- Collect developer feedback and champion that within Oculus particularly related to the developer launch experience, tooling and solutions
- 5+ years experience with app/game production, QA, playtesting, or developer relations. VR experience not necessary, but we are looking for someone with curiosity for the medium
- Proven experience juggling multiple projects with fluctuating deadlines while maintaining meticulous attention-to-detail
- Communication and negotiation skills
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.