Firaxis Games is looking for an Online Services Engineer to help enrich our games with services such as matchmaking, player stats, leaderboards, analytics, entitlement platforms, anti-cheat and security, customer service tools, and more.
- Work closely with internal and external online services platform teams, advocating for the game team.
- Become a domain expert for our internal and external online service platforms.
- Design and implement modifications, reorganizations, extensions, and optimizations to existing code base.
- Work closely with the game team to build and maintain online service functionality within game clients.
- Actively maintain skill-set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry.
- Strong Python skills. Including asyncio, tornado framework, aws library, writing general tools.
- Strong containerization experience. Kubernetes, docker, containerd
- Strong AWS knowledge. EC2, EKS.
- Strong C++ programming and debugging skills.
- Experience with MySQL and managing MySQL databases.
- Experience developing distributed systems at a large scale.
- Linux OS experience.
- Experience with online service architectures, design patterns, and associated challenges.
- Ability to come up with novel, inventive, solutions to very hard problems in the gaming and online services spaces
- Ability to adhere to the prevalent coding style and practices.
- Self-motivated and passionate about games.
- Able and motivated to work with other team members.
- 3+ years industry experience.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 a plus.
- Experience with current console systems a plus.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use Firaxis.com or 2K.com accounts.