Outsourcing Artist (Environments)
At Iron Galaxy Studios, our teams support a healthy work-life balance, promote continuous improvement, and champion a diverse people-focused culture. We encourage Artists from every heritage, lifestyle, or background to apply.
See why we’ve been certified by Great Place to Work and GamesIndustry.biz.
This position is available in Chicago, IL, or Orlando, FL with relocation options for out-of-state applicants.
Iron Galaxy is looking for a highly motivated Outsourcing Artist to help maintain our high-quality bar by delivering powerful artistic feedback while polishing & implementing 3D art into engines. This role will serve on a team that is working to create and launch a brand-new multiplayer brawler set in a completely original universe. We need a new detail-oriented teammate who can enthusiastically contribute to a fast-growing art outsourcing department with their skills, expertise, and hard work
- Works closely with Outsource Manager & Art Leads to keep quality and style consistent across all outsourced art
- Provide thorough and meaningful feedback on outsourced environment assets and world props
- Implement art assets into and verify in-game engine
- Receive, edit, and polish incoming environmental art assets
- Participate in creating documentation and art requirements for external asset creation
- Thrives working in a collaborative team environment
- Understanding the 3D creation process for environment-related elements and props
- Proficiency in modern modeling/art packages such as (Maya, Max, ZBrush)
- Experience texturing game assets for PBR pipelines in Substance Painter
- Ability to follow an established art direction
- Proficient in writing feedback /documentation/screengrab/presentation and software (Word, PowerPoint, One Note, or similar)
- Familiarity with modern game engines such as Unreal and Unity
- Experience with project tracking software (Jira, Confluence, ShotGrid, or similar)
- Experience with version control such as Perforce
Here’s our wish list for the ideal Outsourcing Artist at Iron Galaxy. If you possess many or most of these qualities, you may very well be the one we’re looking for!
- Experience with Character art asset creation
- 2D digital illustration/concept art proficiency
- Experience working in a modern game development pipeline
ABOUT US: Iron Galaxy is one of the world’s largest independent video game developers with 60+ shipped titles. Our people combine their talents to create amazing ports, epic remasters, and new experiences from the ground up. We partner with the top companies in the gaming industry to co-develop and support AAA game creation at the highest level.
Safety Notice: Iron Galaxy employees can elect to work from home until March of 2022. This policy extends to hires between now and then. Any equipment that you might need for projects will be shipped to you directly.
Iron Galaxy Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment are essential to making great games and being awesome in everything we do. Our teams actively support equal access to career opportunities for all people regardless of age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, national origin, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We prohibit retaliation against individuals who present discrimination complaints to Iron Galaxy management or relevant government agencies. We strongly encourage women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply to all of our job openings.