Partner/Channel Marketing Manager
About the job
At Microsoft our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. In Consumer Channel Sales & Marketing (CCSM) our purpose is to create value with our partners through marketing innovative consumer solutions powered by Windows, Office, Surface, and Xbox. CCSM is positioned at the intersection of customers, hardware partners, and channel partners. Within CCSM, our Consumer Channel and Partner Marketing (CCPM) teams work with ecosystem partners and internal business groups to drive digital excellence and e-commerce capability, as well as accelerate cloud and subscription adoption. Together, we win by delivering compelling at-home and on-the-go experiences combining intelligent edge devices and services that create Microsoft fans for life.
As a member of the Xbox CCPM team, you’ll be part of growing a multi-billion-dollar business, charting new areas of innovation, and impacting billions of lives around the world. This role will be tasked with leading go-to-market activities across a globally diverse, dynamic marketing team responsible for bringing our products and services to life with consumers through our key partners across our consumer channels. In this role, you’ll be the voice of the consumer, collaborating with channel marketing discipline teams and Xbox marketing teams to plan go-to-market through-partner campaigns for digital and physical retail experiences.
This high visibility position requires strong communication skills and “executive presence” to represent Xbox Channel Marketing across senior leadership in Consumer Channels Sales & Marketing (CCSM), the Xbox BG, and Regional Teams. To effectively represent Xbox Channel Marketing, the Xbox Community Lead must have extensive experience managing and motivating cross-functional teams, exceptional communication and presentation skills, a proven track record in building highly effective interpersonal relationships, and the ability to manage multiple projects on schedule and within budget.
Externally, this role focuses on driving digital excellence and omnichannel innovation across our partners, working closely with regional teams to plan, execute, and monitor digital sales motions, in-store physical environments like our shop-in-shop programs, partner readiness & influence teams who evangelize our products with consumers, and retail sellers and driving our local thru-partner campaigns efforts to support product launches and key seasonal beats.
Internally, you’ll collaborate closely with Category, Sales and Xbox Marketing Teams to drive full-funnel marketing campaigns and influence global campaigns, while sharing best practices across regional teams. You will possess the creativity to lead the evolution of our strategy as well as the skills to create and sustain brand consistency and operational excellence.
Lead and execute full-funnel marketing plans across consumer channels to drive profitable sell-through and build brand advocacy.
- Community Management & Leadership: Engage with Regional teams through regular syncs and community gatherings to provide execution guidance, inform Xbox campaigns and initiatives, and collect and share feedback and execution reporting.
- Full-Funnel Campaign Development: Working across Xbox Stakeholder groups, identify and plan marketing campaign support for key products, moments, and offerings. Collaborate with discipline teams to bring Xbox marketing campaigns to life.
- Through-Partner Go-to-Market Guidance and Strategy: Develop marketing strategy and framework for through-partner marketing campaigns and deliver actionable guidance and support to regional marketing teams and Partners.
- Execution Excellence: Share marketing execution results, ROI, and best practices across worldwide stakeholders.
- Insights and Reporting: Analyze performance results against execution activities to identify causals, opportunities and action plans and improve marketing campaign effectiveness. Incorporate key insights from retailers and Field teams to drive informed marketing action plans.
Required Qualifications: Education, Experience
- Four Year college degree or relative work experiences
- 5+ years of marketing industry experience preferably in the retail space
Skills And Knowledge
- Adept at building integrated through-partner marketing plans and campaigns across multiple marketing disciplines
- Understand the digital and physical buying journey (omni channel), well-versed in sales channels, commerce platforms. Expertise landing and coordinating cross-discipline marketing programs and sales programs.
- Track record of marketing execution excellence and ROI through planning, operations-savvy, creative execution, readiness and analytics/insights
- Experience with community management, influencing a globally diverse and dispersed team. Serving as a central point of contact for information sharing, execution planning, feedback gathering, execution reporting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to be a great listener and learner. Strong presentation skills to groups of all sizes and levels, and a successful track record of sales and negotiation skills, including advanced sales knowledge
- Business and financial acumen - Experience managing suppliers, working across business functions and entrepreneurial flexibility to support trends, market dynamics and new channels
- Ability to engage and influence at senior levels - strong executive presence and cross-functional collaborator
- Experience managing ambiguity and rapid change - demonstrate agility and risk-taking
- Experience and passion for gaming, gaming marketing, and the gaming industry is a big plus, but not required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.