Principal 2D Artist
Gamigo US is a thriving and fast-growing company within the games market. We have an ample portfolio of online and mobile games at our command, including a variety of leading MMO role playing and strategy games. Our company focuses primarily on games operations in the European and American markets. With millions of registered users and a broad range of gaming portals, gamigo US is one of the leading providers in the gaming sector.
Gamigo US is looking for a veteran 2D Lead Artist to work on an exciting, unannounced game title! This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the direction of the game's art style. This position requires someone with a wide range of artistic ability to maximize their effectiveness to solve creative and complex problems. The ideal candidate is highly flexible and capable of working on a small team focused on prototyping and rapid iteration.
- Conceptualize, design, and produce a wide range of 2D game art (buildings, props, characters, icons, and banners).
- Compose, illustrate, and polish themed environment compositions with characters.
- Collaborate and effectively communicate with the team to iterate and push ideas forward.
- Review and provide feedback to our internal team and outsourcing resources.
- 5+ years of 2D game art experience
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a wide range of character, environment, and object design
- Credited with at least 2 shipped titles
- Extensive working knowledge of Photoshop
- Ability to create multiple concept iterations and steer within design constraints
- Excellent 2D drawing skills with a strong grasp of composition, color theory, perspective, lighting, environment and architecture
- Deep understanding of asset pipelines and how to implement art into a game-engine like Unity
- Willingness to receive feedback and rework material while maintaining a fresh perspective
- Exceptionally effective verbal and written communicator to lead projects with cross functional teams
- Highly self-motivated and performance-driven
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multitask requirements while meeting deadlines
- UI/UX Experience
- Able to produce comprehensive style guides
- Familiarity with multi-player platformer titles
Apply for this position
MGI (Media and Games Invest Se) operates within two markets, game publishing (business segment Gaming) and digital advertising (business segment Media).
The Gaming segment focuses on the publishing, operation and support of online and mobile games and is operated by gamigo Group. It currently has a portfolio consisting of over 25 massively multiplayer online games and more than 5,000 casual games.
Part of the Gamigo group are among others the subsidiaries gamigo AG, gamigo Publishing GmbH, gamigo US Inc., aeria games GmbH etc.
The Media division at MGI offers services covering the entire value chain of digital advertising with a focus of customer acquisition optimization in the gaming industry.
The Media segment consists of subsidiaries such as Verve Group, PubNative or Media Elements Group (ME digital GmbH, ReachHero GmbH, adspree media GmbH, Mediakraft Networks GmbH).
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at gamigo. Please fill out the following form. In case you are experiencing problems with the document upload, mail your documents to email@example.com.