Principal Data Program Manager – Gaming Ecosystem Organization
About the job
Join us in the Gaming Ecosystem Organization (GEO) and be part of our mission to empower game creators to realize their dreams by delivering the world’s best tools and services from Xbox to Azure. We are looking for people who are energized by innovating the tools that support every stage in a game’s life cycle. As game creators evolve to deliver their titles as Games-as-a-Service, we are supercharging our developer tools to support accelerated production environments, agile back-end infrastructure, and live ops services. #Xbox #MicrosoftGaming #DeveloperTools #GEOjobs #gamingjobs
The focus of this role is to define and deliver high-quality and innovative data platforms using cutting edge technologies in a dynamic and agile environment with an eye towards anticipating the future technical needs of our key gaming customers. You will work with internal engineers and subject matter experts to understand the end-to-end scenarios typically faced by our customers and play a central role in delivering integrated experiences for game developers within Xbox Live, PlayFab, and Azure.
Successful candidates should have demonstrable experience in working with game teams to provide end-to-end analytics support—from specifying design and business telemetry, validating data quality, to delivering analyses that positively impact players.
- Guide the engineering and development of a suite of data streaming services that scales globally and serves thousands of customers and millions of players.
- Work with leaders across Azure and Gaming to define the vision and requirements for our services and regularly communicate that vision and progress to all levels of the organization.
- Provide data leadership and knowledge to program managers and engineers working on the current solution.
- Closely work with internal and external Gaming partners to ensure the effective translation of business and technical requirements.
- Build and Manage Partnerships with other analytics and insights efforts in Azure and within the Gaming Industry.
- Great written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate technical content to general audiences
- 5+ years of program management experience with both technical and business leadership on high-impact programs.
- 5+ years of Data Science experience working with large data sets, using big data tools and scripting languages such as: Excel, SQL, Python, Splunk, and PowerBI.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering, statistics, economics or related field
- Prior experience designing and developing services (using AWS or Azure) at scale
- Experience with driving experiments, anomaly detection, predictive analysis, and exploratory data analysis
- Experience using advanced analytics techniques such as predictive modelling and neural network modelling.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.