Principal Firmware Engineer - Xbox
About the job
Do you want to be on the leading edge of gaming and entertainment? Do you want to help redefine how players engage and play games today and into the future? More than 2.5B people play games across console, PC and mobile and our ambition is to reach all of them with industry leading experiences.
The Xbox Accessory Firmware team is seeking the right person to help design and develop new products that can enable amazing new gaming experiences that will be felt by tens of millions of customers worldwide.
You’ll be responsible for designing, implementing, supporting, and extending a variety of Xbox Accessories. You’ll spend time with experts from a variety of partner teams working on concepts for future features or products, hardware teams for developing products, and partner software teams for how the products apply to different, critical scenarios. You’ll be regularly challenged about finding and executing on the best paths to produce outstanding experiences for our customers while also providing them with affordable and quality products.
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- Experience in low-level software development (Embedded, or OS Driver/Kernel/HAL level).
- Extensive development experience with the ‘C’ programming language.
- Strong debugging skills for both problems and code.
- Strong knowledge of principles of Operating Systems.
- Skill at owning and driving multiple topics from conception to completion simultaneously.
- Knowledge of Wireless protocols details, such as Bluetooth or 802.11.
- Knowledge of the structure of IP Stacks and their underlying principles.
- Experience with standard protocols, such as USB, I2C, SPI, I2S, etc.
- Experience on extremely constrained systems (low CPU power, low RAM, etc.)
- Skill at mentoring and growing junior engineers.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.