Product Lead, Emerging Franchises
Product Lead, Emerging Franchises
Job Title: Product Lead, Emerging Franchises
Reporting To: Director, Product Management, Emerging Franchises
Department: Activision Publishing – Emerging Franchises
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As the Product Lead, Emerging Franchises, you will lead the development of Emerging Franchises products with a deep understanding of our franchises and player communities. You will contribute to all aspects of the Emerging Franchises new release business strategy and daily marketing execution. You are a self-starter and a driver of the process, influence cross-functional teams, be the champion for our brands. You will also be responsible for developing and executing strategies to engage player communities in service of strengthening our franchises and improving our products.
Responsibilities Include, But Not Limited To
- Product Expert – Must develop expert understanding of the product, ensuring key selling features and product information is represented accurately in market.
- Player Champion – Embody the “player” view internally, driving a player-first viewpoint across the organization. Assist crafting consumer facing product messaging.
- Community Engagement – Drive community engagement strategy to build relationship with players in service product development and marketing needs throughout product lifecycle
- Business Planning – Contribute to and support comprehensive business planning and marketing plans for the launch of Emerging Franchises products. Identify business opportunities and develop supporting materials. Partner with teams to perform quantitative analyses including: sell through analysis, price promotion efficiency analysis, and competitive analysis.
- Marketing Planning – Assist Consumer Marketing Lead to create global marketing plans, while partnering with cross-functional teams to execute on time, on budget.
- Project Management – Work cross-functionally to ensure development, marketing, and sales execution is aligned with strategic and financial goals. Coordinate internal teams to ensure projects are executed cohesively and on-schedule.
- Asset Management – Ensure asset/copy review and approval from key stakeholders in BU, studio and legal as required. Work back from go-live dates in marketing calendar to ensure on-time delivery, providing updates as required.
- Competitive Intelligence – Assist competitive intelligence efforts to maintain visibility on the best practices leading publishers, titles, genres and business models
- 3+ years of product management or similar experience with a commerce focus, preferably from gaming (console, PC, or mobile); entertainment; technology; or consumer products.
- Ability to balance a data-driven mindset with creative problem solving, while maintaining a player-focused perspective.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, analysis, and the ability to work across multiple teams and disciplines.
- Passionate about games and gaming communities. Strong understanding of the latest gaming systems and industry trends.
- High degree of comfort managing multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written skills.
- Proficiency in narrative building with the ability to create compelling presentations for a wide range of audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, or similar preferred.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.