Production Director - Brand
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators, San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work, Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We’re Looking For
Marketing is looking for an effective leader to guide the operation and production of the Brand team within the Creative Studio. As the Production Director/Manager of Brand Creative, you will lead and be responsible for the development, production, and execution of creative for Skillz Brand campaigns and activations - both large and small - across the full Skillz org. You will represent the Brand team creatives and production team in future state planning, and will act as the voice and the guardian of the team in cross functional relationships. Your key challenge will be building, scaling, and operating the Brand creative team, and leveling up the work Skillz produces. You must be able to effectively partner with the Creative Director and Head of Creative Studio to deliver on a best in class experience for Skillz brand representation, while incubating an amazing team and driving process improvements.
The Production Director/Manager of Brand Creative reports into the Head of Creative Studio.
The right candidate will play a key role in the development and building of a world-class creative organization within Skillz while elevating brand awareness and affinity. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee creative production for all brand initiatives and lead the creative team in production processes, improvements, and implementations.
- Serve as the functional Skillz Brand lead, supporting the production of corporate and IP branded creative within Skillz, ensuring deliverables are on brand and strategy.
- Drive the development of Skillz Brand creative, leaning on existing brand foundations, visual ID, and brand voice.
- Manage and forecast the budget for all projects produced by the in-house creative team.
- Identify new areas of growth for the brand to deliver a best-in-class brand experience to our customers.
- Communicate resourcing needs, constraints and priorities to business leaders across the organization.
- Identify, evaluate and select appropriate creative vendors, tools, and software.
- Define and own process initiatives and workflows for the full Brand creative org.
- 7+ years of experience in brand marketing or at a creative agency or similar.
- Direct leadership of creative production pipelines, product launches, and activations.
- Experience owning and implementing production processes.
- Expert visual storyteller both for internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in a management role with direct management responsibility.
- Ability to keep teams on track and focused on common goals.
- Strong problem solving skills and resourcefulness, with strong attention to detail.
- Self motivated, do-er who can work both independently and as part of a team.
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.