About the job
Professional Language Lead, Russian
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented Blizzard-savvy Russian Language Lead to support localization of Blizzard products and services. This person will be responsible for owning the localization quality and review of localized assets, be the final decision maker and vision holder of the Localized Blizzard experience with a high-volume, high-quality, deadline-driven environment.
The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced individual with a professional linguistic background, experience in culturalization of software products, and knowledge of the gaming and entertainment industry. The candidate will also strive to deliver delightful, trustworthy user experiences. Excellent language skills in and English are required for this position. You are the ultimate guardian of the blizzard experience in the localized version. You live, eat, and breathe language.
NOTE: This position is considered permanently remote within the United States.
- Owns the language decisions and creative cohesion end-to-end.
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Vision hold, direct and review in-game, and out-of-game assets to ensure high-quality experience for players using localized Blizzard products
- Provide linguistic feedback and recommendations to vendors and other in-house localization teams to uphold Blizzard quality standards
- Collaborate with Global Localization team and other relevant stakeholders on initiatives aimed at improving player engagement and driving quality and efficiency.
- Contribute to setting the creative direction and defining terminology of localized products and services
- Timely completion of all projects
- Other editorial projects that require cross-functional collaboration
- May guide junior staff members with some aspects of their job when needed.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional localization experience
- Excellent grammar and orthography knowledge in Russian.
- Appreciate the art of good localization
- Being aware of sensitive issues (historical, political, social) from Russian. They consistently immerse themselves into the latest trends of their language and understand how to transmit the emotional side of good localization that speaks Blizzard.
- Excellent Russian and English linguistic and communication skills
- Able to deliver professional feedback tailored to target audience
- Strong knowledge of localization and quality control tools
- Strong motivation, high level of commitment with proactive and positive attitude
- Able to work effectively in a multicultural team with minimal supervision
- Eagerness to accept and proactively drive process improvement efforts
- Ability to multitask and self-manage projects
- Ability to meet tight, dynamic deadlines in a professional environment
- Passion for video games, heroic fantasy, sci-fi worlds, and pop culture
- Experience in game localization or game quality assurance
- Experience working as a translator in the entertainment industry
- Experience with Blizzard Entertainment games
- Higher education in a linguistics-related discipline