Blizzard’s Global Insights organization is composed of incredible engineers and skilled analysts who work hand in hand with game designers, commercial strategy, and business operations teams across the company. By delivering in-depth analyses, self-service solutions, real-time recommendation systems, and other novel data products, the Global Insights team is uniquely capable of empowering our partners across Blizzard. We pride ourselves on our ability to add value with a combination of data analytics expertise, business acumen, and genuinely geeking out on Blizzard products and culture!
We are looking for a driven Program Manager: an individual who possesses a wide knowledge of product, project, and program management styles and processes. You should understand analytical and infrastructure technologies, have superb communication and relationship-building skills, and be able to adapt to shifting priorities. Our unique blend of challenges, opportunities, environments, and people all help make Blizzard a studio worthy of your career.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and we will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Develop and own roadmaps by defining clear and concise focus areas, identify the desired outcomes, and define the measurements to achieve those goals. Anticipate and make tradeoffs to balance business needs against technical constraints.
- Display a proficiency with project management software to illustrate prioritization among portfolios, individual projects, and operational tasks to plan out milestones, schedules, and resources.
- Facilitate and create appropriate project documentation, communicate status updates, drive decisions, and identify & eliminate risks and blockers.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with partners, colleagues, and leaders with fierce accountability for delivering on commitments.
- Model self-awareness in personal interactions and read both verbal and non-verbal signs to influence without direct authority.
- Champion data products to varied audiences including upstream and downstream project teams, department leadership, and game development team stakeholders.
- Partner with internal teams to develop a deep understanding of strategic plans, identify business opportunities, and lead data product initiatives to deliver a measurable impact to our games and players.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Business Management, or other equivalent degree
- Experience in Software Engineering or Program/Project Management
- Experience implementing, championing, and working with Agile development methodologies and tools
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Programming or technical experience
- Passion for gaming industry and community
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- In-depth knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment's games, products, and services
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.