PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Program Manager (Mid to Senior Levels)
San Francisco, CA
About The Role:
PlayStation Global Program management office drives delivery of highly impactful program solutions worldwide. We are looking for passionate Program managers to grow our team together to the next chapter after the successful PS5 launch!
You will bring to bear your expertise to deliver programs by demonstrating excellent planning, execution, partner, risk and dependency management skills. You will be hands on to tackle challenges, an advocate and the biggest supporter for the program organization.
What You'll Do:
- Own and drive end-to-end delivery of multiple large cross-regional, cross-functional initiatives with multi-level dependencies.
- Collaborate with development teams to develop full program plans including timelines, dependencies, risk factors, success criteria, and outcomes
- Understand strategy, objectives, priority and goals and translate into tactical execution plans
- Identify, understand, visualize and manage upstream/downstream dependencies
- Build operational models and processes for programs
- Anticipate and remove obstacles proactively and effectively
- Ensure clear communication for status reporting, issues and challenges to relevant partners and team members
- Lead continuous improvement efforts to optimize productivity
- Bring fun and excitement
- Build a strong cohesive program team and create a collaborative environment that fosters creativity, innovation, and learning
- 3+ years of program/project management experience, with exposure to software development and delivery at scale
- Consistent track record of managing schedules, scope, budgets, resource plans, issues, risks, communications, quality/testing plans, and release plans
- Bachelor’s degree, technical education and/or work experience in technical domain
- Shown technical proficiency and an ability to understand technology, designs, challenges and risks
- Proven understanding of software lifecycle, release processes, and iterative development practices
- Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills across all levels
- Strong decision making skill
- Experience in initiating and driving process improvements
- Excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management
- Expertise with collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence, Trello, Google Drive, and Microsoft Teams, etc)
- Experience in a high transaction network based services, gaming industry or social media
- Domain expertise in one or more of the following areas: gaming, social, data platform, trust & safety, monetization, digital commerce, partner management, portfolio management, process implementation, off console.
- Experience in running large multi-layer programs
- Understanding of Japanese language and culture
- Hands on experience across more than one development process across waterfall and agile (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc)
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.