QA Analyst (Temp)
About the job
LET'S MAKE GAMES BETTER TOGETHER.
Here at Daybreak, we make games that bring people together. We have built and introduced some of the most popular and beloved gaming franchises to millions of players worldwide, including H1Z1®, DC Universe™ Online, PlanetSide®, and EverQuest®.
We take gaming seriously and our passion for play is what makes us one with our players. From group raiding quests in Norrath to partaking in massive battles on the war-torn surface of Auraxis, we are devoted to delivering the ultimate multi-player online gaming experience to our communities.
Let’s make games better together. Are you up for the challenge? Here’s some specifics on what we’re looking for…
A team-oriented Quality Assurance Analyst who is responsible for testing multiple aspects of our video game titles on various platforms ranging from PC, PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One. You will be tasked with entering bugs into the issue tracking system as well as working with developers on a daily basis.
Teamwork and a professional attitude are key in this role. Communication skills, both written and verbal must be professional and accurate especially since you will also be interfacing with development and QA teams located out of state. Strong interpersonal skills are very important as well as you will be working with the Quality Assurance and development leads.
The ideal candidate will have previous professional quality assurance experience, available to work a minimum of 40 hours a week Monday – Friday with the potential of overtime during the nights, weekends and holidays.
- Develop test suites by evaluating feature specifications
- Attend spec reviews, daily scrum stand-ups, planning meetings, etc.
- Provide test guidance to remote testers
- Execute test suites (authored by you or others)
- Task offsite, outsourced testers with executing test suites
- Report, review and document bug reports
- Verify bug fixes
- Critically evaluate test scope and coverage, plan and execute ad hoc testing, boundary/edge case testing, exploratory testing as needed
- Document QA processes on Confluence wiki
- Surface blocking issues and risks; Make recommendations for resolving blocking issues or mitigating risks
- Proactively drive testing to completion
- Assure patches/updates, new builds and shipped products are functional and meet quality standards
- Follow Daybreak Games Tester procedures outlined by the QA Leads and Management
- Be consistently proactive with QA process improvements
- Continually develop and acquire game knowledge to become proficient with Daybreak Games’ portfolio of games
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Experience with consoles (e.g., PlayStation, Xbox platforms)
- Education – High School Graduate or equivalent
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Available to work any shift
- Working background in Quality Assurance or 1+ years in the gaming industry
- Working knowledge of the software development process
- Knowledge of Daybreak Game Company games preferred
- Knowledge of Video Games on PC and Consoles preferred
- (All Requirements are necessary to qualify for the position unless noted)
- Daybreak Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the Workplace.*
*Employment Agencies: Please do not contact this job post with unsolicited services or offers*
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
If you are interested in a career at Daybreak Games or any of our affiliated studios, we encourage you to apply directly on our website. Daybreak Game Company values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews, and falsified offer letters.
Daybreak Game Company will never ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or through online messaging apps (WhatsApp, Hangouts). We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Daybreak Game Company’s People & Culture team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.