ForeVR Games is a VR gaming startup of industry vets from EA, GLU, Zynga and the Walt Disney Company and is based in California. Starting with the release of the hit game ForeVR Bowl on the Oculus store, we're on track to deliver several more titles in 2021. We're headquartered in the Los Angeles area but we're a distributed team with members around the world. We're looking to add a QA Lead to our growing team.
Role of a Game Programmer at ForeVR
You develop the tests and plans that ensure we deliver the highest quality product. You're comfortable working across multiple software's and platforms, you thrive at working with engineering teams to find bugs and resolve defects. Your passion is to improve and build amazing products.
- Lead QA efforts with strong planning, task estimation, prioritization, and execution skills
- Write and execute manual test cases
- Lead and participate in all aspects of testing, including but not limited to functional, regression, Integration, performance, and release testing.
- Document and report defects and track defects to closure, escalating as appropriate.
- Ability to analyze logs and have strong troubleshooting skills.
- Work with an external QA team to provide testing guidance for both day to day tasks as well as long term planning.
- Familiarity with testing on the Android platform.
- Work with engineers and project leads to prioritize issues for resolution.
- Create metrics to measure and monitor product performance.
- Minimum 5 years of relatable experience
- Experience debugging applications on Platform, PC and Mobile components.
- Experience building, shipping, and maintaining commercial software.
- Experience coding in Python, PHP, Java, C/C++ or equivalent language.
Great To Have
- Experience in managing black box and white box testing.
- Experience in API and database testing.