We’re a 22-person Google-owned experimental VR game company looking to grow our Owls (employees!) and would love a detail-oriented and self-motivated person to join us! Owls in this role perform testing at Owlchemy while providing assistance throughout other areas of development as needed.
- Test games to ensure games in development are meeting quality standards
- Perform functional testing by clearly documenting required test plans and test criteria
- Work closely with project leadership to assess development plans and identify test coverage requirements
- Anticipate and communicate risks areas throughout the project’s life cycle
- Assist with the development and deployment of QA tools
- Assist project leads with development tasks ranging from design documentation,, and basic content changes
- Keep up to date on the latest in technology for Unity and VR
- Collaborate with owls like Engineering, Art, Audio, and Design to meet task goals and determine content and testing requirements
- Ensure all platform support is fully functional and dependable at release
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Experience as part of a QA team on a shipped video game
- Game testing
- Game design fundamentals
- Understand the impact Virtual Reality has on games and testing
- Working knowledge of Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel
Required Education And Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 year of experience in QA
Preferred Education And Experience
- Experience working with outsourced QA team
- Working Unity 3D knowledge
- Experience releasing on PSVR, Oculus Quest, Oculus Rift, Steam, Viveport
- Appreciation of puns (or at least the ability to groan at them)
- This is a testing job, so be prepared for prolonged periods of standing and moving around. However, all Owls are provided with various ergonomic options.
- Owls must be able to use virtual reality headsets but are not expected to own one.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, 40-hours per week position. Core hours of work are Monday through Friday, 10 00 a.m. to 5 00 p.m. Although this position is anticipated to be “Work from Home” through the Fall of 2021, newly hired Owls will be required to establish Texas residency within 60 days of hire.
No travel is expected for this position; though we typically encourage owls to attend a conference annually for personal growth and development.
We care about creating “VR for Everyone” - and that includes creating a welcoming workplace for everyone.
Owlchemy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Other Skills And Responsibilities
This job description doesn’t cover or contain a comprehensive listing of everything you might do at Owlchemy. As a small team of wildly talented individuals, we encourage career growth, exploration, and the wearing of many hats. As such, roles and responsibilities are collaborative and may change or evolve over time based on our needs and your particular skill set.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Relocation Assistance