We're hiring a team of Game Testers for our client, a leader in the gaming industry, to perform Quality Assurance testing at their office in Austin, TX. This is a long-term temporary position expected to last between 8-12 months with the possibility of extension.
As a video game expert your mission is to test video games pre-release to detect bugs and errors in different levels of games. You'll work alongside game designers and programmers to ensure a game works flawlessly before game is released to the market.
- You're 18 years of age or older
- You possess a passion for gaming and software quality
- You are focused, detail-oriented, with excellent organization and time management skills
- You are a creative thinker who can test for 'edge cases' outside of expected functionality
- You are observant with good analytical and logical reasoning abilities
- You possess strong oral and written communication skills, including accurate and timely reporting
- You have an understanding of basic test execution principles
- You are enthusiastic and patient (very important for this role's repetitive nature)
- Full-time, pay rate: $12/hr, overtime shifts available
- Due to Covid-19 this position is currently virtual (subject to change)
- You'll execute provided testing tasks with an emphasis on manual test execution, test library maintenance, and test closure activities
- You'll be responsible for working within project management (i.e. JIRA) and test related tools (i.e. TestRail)
- You'll be an advocate of the user experience through delivery of qualitative reporting