Research and Development Engineer
Relocation is required for this job. Grover Gaming will help with expenses.
WHO WE ARE: Grover Gaming, headquartered in Greenville, North Carolina, is a software design and development company that specializes in electronic gaming throughout the United States and Canada. Having more than 275 employees located in seven states, we are working every day toward building a strong foundation of humble, passionate people, effective processes, and superior products. Our dedication to customer service, adaptability, and a diverse range of products has solidified our position as a global leader in the electronic gaming industry, leading to second year on Inc. Magazine’s list of fastest growing companies in 2020 at #194. Grover Gaming strives to support local communities and has helped raise nearly $250 Million for charities through its partnerships in charitable gaming markets.
SUMMARY: The R&D Engineer will be on the team responsible for assisting in the development of new products, redesigning existing products and providing guidance for emerging markets, as well as help take novel ideas from concept to proof to drive innovation.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understand company Mission, Vision, and Values and be an ambassador of MVV.Is a passionate person with a strong work ethic
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment where demands can vary
- Capacity to be involved with multiple overarching projects and products
- Exhibits fortitude when troubleshooting, debugging and solving problems
- Affinity for mathematics
- Can communicate directly and effectively with teammates, product owners and stakeholders
- Self-motivating and able to work autonomously
- Knack for information gathering, research and presentation of findings
- Thrives under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to think outside the box and innovate on existing ideas and concepts
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- A very strong generalist in computing
- Results oriented
- 1-2+ years of Unity 3D development
- 2-4+ years programming (object oriented multi-paradigm language)
- Version control / ADO
PLUSES (not required):
- Casino industry knowledge (general, math, game types, etc)
- .NET / WPF
- DB / SQL
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The usual work environment is typical of an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with no material or weather-related hazards except those associated with travel.
This Job Description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company objectives. The description incorporates the most typical duties performed and covers only the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed. The inclusion of those duties would not alter the overall evaluation of this position.