Russian Localization Specialist
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Overview Of The Role
As the Russian Localization Specialist, you will help us deliver our products to users for the Russian market. In this role, you will work with multiple teams on several types of projects to offer our users a complete immersive localized experienced that will be culturally relevant.
You will have the opportunity to own the language quality from end to end – from early localization, to localization QA, to developing glossaries and style guides for localization standards. As a user-generated content platform, we also use a Text Filter to ensure that Roblox is a safe place for all ages to create, socialize, and share. You will collaborate with our engineers to train our Text Filter so that it is culturally relevant for our Russian speaking users.
5+ years of localization experience in software/internet industry. This means you have a great understanding of localization and internationalization issues as well as familiarity with localization tools and processes
Education in Translation, Linguistics - a BA. or equivalent
Native fluency in Russian strong written and communication skills in both Russian and English and a strong knowledge of Russian culture, pop culture and customs
LQA experience: Familiarity with bug reporting process and software
Demonstrated self-starter: You are quick learner, detail-oriented, and quality-focused
Adaptable: comfortable learning new technologies and change of process
Knowledgeable: Understanding of gaming industry, gaming platforms and Social platforms trends in the US and Russia
- Provide high quality Russian translations for our product, marketing, and others
- Create and manage the rules for the Russian Text Filter
- Write and maintain translation memories, glossaries, and style guides
- Work closely with product & engineering teams to provide Russian Linguistic and Localization QA for our product
- Collaborate with external localization vendors to maintain and improve the language quality
- Uncover, evaluate, and fix linguistic and localization issues
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Russian language and culture
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar