Senior 3D Environment Artist - Overwatch 2
The Overwatch team is seeking an environment modeler with a focus on architecture/level art.
As an environment artist on Blizzard’s Overwatch, your talent and vision will help shape the expanding Overwatch universe. You will work closely with our concept, environment, and level design team to create levels that are both gameplay-oriented, beautiful, and consistent with the handcrafted art styles that our games are known for.
Your broader experience with game development and building well designed levels will help you work collaboratively with level designers to ensure that you are always putting gameplay first when it comes to developing strong, fun areas to play in.
In short, you’ll be part of a close-knit, collaborative community of artists, engineers and designers whose sole goal is to make a truly epic and immersive game experience.
- Collaborate with the team and create the art that make our world come alive.
- Use next-gen materials and pipelines to forge assets for use in the game engine.
- Iterate on level art and layout with designers via prototyping and group critiques to improve look and gameplay.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in game development as an artist specializing in level art/architectural modeling.
- Familiar with next generation asset creation pipelines and tools.
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette.
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps.
- Passion for level design.
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude.
- Able to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary art team to help bring environments to life within the vision of the game design.
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers.
- Understanding of the visual style of Blizzard games and a passion to push it to the next level.
- Experience in creating visual designs that support gameplay oriented goals.
- Experience with BSP level design.
- Proven problem-solving / prototyping ability.
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – lighting, VFX, or concept.
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as an environment/level artist.
- Good technical chops and the ability to quickly master new pipelines and tools.
Submission / Portfolio requirements
- Cover Letter is required.
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required.
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so.