Senior Analyst, FP&A
We are looking for a Senior Analyst who will be a vital part of the FP&A team. This position will assist in annual planning, forecasting, performing budget vs. actuals analysis, business partnering, and tracking and benchmarking Key Performance Indicators for the business.
This candidate will partner with business leaders across the company and use acuity to drive business decisions. This role will work help to define and deliver metrics, analyses, forecasts, and operational finance support. A candidate will possess keen critical thinking plus analytical abilities with strong communication and project management skills. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Be a strategic business partner to executives and game leads by providing guidance and insights on department-level and project-level budgets and reporting variance analysis.
- Prepare weekly executive reporting package and report insights on business trends, opportunities, and risks.
- Ensure monthly close package accuracy by reviewing detailed financial entries by working with business partners and accounting.
- Compile monthly budget versus actuals financial package and provide commentary on variances.
- Evaluate existing business processes and provide recommendations for improvement and efficiency.
- Assist in ad hoc projects as needed, including but not limited to the compiling quarterly board deck, real estate/CAPEX investment, tax forecast etc.
- 3+ years of experience in FP&A, Finance, Accounting, or related quantitative fields.
- BS/BA in Business, Economics, Finance or Accounting.
- Proven track record to work independently and manage day to day projects.
- Understanding of financial and non-financial KPIs, including user acquisition.
- A well-rounded top performer, with a combination of analytical and interpersonal skills; execution-oriented and attention to timelines.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Build complex financial models and present in a clear and compelling manner to a non-finance audience.
- Strong proficiency in Excel is a must.
- Strong passion for technology and entertainment; enthusiasm for Niantic’s products.
- Experience at a high growth start-up, gaming industry, or in the AR/VR sector.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience with working with Adaptive Insights, NetSuite, or similar financial tools.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.