The Senior Analyst of Franchise Strategy position is a unique, critical, and highly visible role at Activision.
This position plays a key, active role on a high caliber team driving the Business Unit’s strategy for Call of Duty and other franchises. The successful candidate will support the team’s effort in formulating title and franchise strategy, ensuring that the business is identifying opportunities and delivering against key strategic priorities. The successful candidate is an independent, analytical, and intellectually curious individual who can structure analyses and strategies and articulate findings to wide range of business stakeholders, including senior leadership, throughout the organization.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Business Unit Strategy
- Work with game studios and central functions to frame Activision and franchise strategy, outline key initiatives, and analyze financial plans
- Support our expansion in existing and new segments, including analytical initiatives such as go-to-market strategy for existing business and market entry options for new businesses
- Drive tracking and coordination of key priorities and initiatives resulting from conversations with a wide range of stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Drive strategy, organization, and operations-related projects end-to-end: define the problem, develop a hypothesis, structure the analysis, collect the necessary data, and communicate findings succinctly and thoughtfully
- Use industry trends and market forecasts in gaming across all relevant platforms and business models to develop implications for Activision and our game franchises
- Operate company databases with relevant internal data, market research, and industry estimates to build analyses that support strategic projects
- Ensure organization is optimized to deliver against strategic priorities by analyzing game studio resourcing capacities and central team structures
Project & Stakeholder Management
- Partner with game franchises and other functional stakeholders on projects, providing strategic framing and analytical support, to better inform decision making
- Prepare presentations and provide analyses and recommendations
- Develop a deep understanding of how our game franchises operate, the markets they play in, their strategic priorities and potential opportunities
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- BA or BS (pre-MBA) with 2+ years of work experience, ideally with some combination of experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, and/or corporate development and strategy at a leading media or technology company.
- Exceptional quantitative skills and financial acumen
- Advanced proficiency with analytical tools such as Microsoft Excel and in synthesizing data for an executive audience
- Persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal, particularly the ability to develop coherent arguments and present them concisely to a range of stakeholders
- Interest and passion for interactive entertainment and technology with the ability to learn complex industry topics quickly