Senior Concept Artist
Who is EA Capital Games?
Located in Midtown Sacramento, Capital Games is home to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, the most successful Star Wars mobile game ever released, charting as the #1 grossing game in over 35 countries, and one of the Top 40 grossing games in the entire world across Apple and Google.
We are a close-knit group of gamers who’s passionate about our work and the community we’ve created here. We are looking for a welcoming, fast-paced, results-driven, and collaborative individual. We take our work – but not ourselves – very seriously.
While walking the halls of our brand-new 31,000 sqft studio, you’ll hear the cacophony of epic console competitions, lively debates, and the rattle of dice thrown across a game board. Game nights, happy hours, weekend adventures, and a dog-friendly atmosphere are all elements of who we are.
As a Senior Concept Artist, you will create amazing illustrations and concept art that fuels the entire project. You will be a cornerstone of the art team and lead the concept department, creating appealing art at a very high-quality level. You will report into the Art Director, you will help bring the game’s impressive vision to life by translating authentic on brand visuals into immersive mobile game experiences. Illustrations capturing likeness and the human form, creation of marketing art, lighting comps, and exploratory concepts are your tools. You will partner with other senior artists, designers, and engineers as we build fan full-filling experiences in our game. You are down to earth and eager to work in a collaborative environment guided by defined art goals and pillars.
You are a strong communicator both verbally and visually. As a senior concept artist, the project depends on your experience to anticipate issues and future proof challenges as they arise, documenting processes and ensuring pipelines are followed. This is your chance to manage a foundational part of the game creation process.
- Create concepts and illustrations that support game design and player facing content.
- Develop visual solutions for new features and special events.
- Create icons in the form of hero abilities, chests, and resources.
- Create merchandising art that showcases gear, characters, and special events.
- Gather and organize branded reference that is vetted with our IP partners.
- Actively contribute to the growth and culture of our studio.
- Maintain a pre-existing art style while exploring for ways to visually enhance new content.
- At least 5+ years of visual development experience in video games.
- Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Traditional artist skills involving composition, rendering, anatomy, color theory, perspective, lighting.
- Experience capturing likeness in both facial and body anatomy.
- Excellent peer communication, time-management, and organizational skills.
- 3D skills in Maya/Blender/3DSMax/Zbrush.
- Experience working on large IP-driven products such as Star Wars is valuable.
- Distinct and high-quality material rendering experience is a plus
- Familiarity with versioning software like P4V.
- Proficiency using Unity 3D to check assets in-game and create scenes for concept and paintover.
- Draw storyboards which will illustrate movement and VFX targets for our internal production team.
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, ESPP stock plan, relocation benefits and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that is powered by creativity and individuality