Senior Data Analyst
Job Title: Senior Data Analyst
Department: NC Product Services
Reports To: Product Manager, Platform Services
WHO WE ARE: Grover Gaming, headquartered in Greenville, North Carolina, is a software design and development company that specializes in electronic gaming throughout the United States and Canada. Having more than 250 employees located in seven states, we are working every day toward building a strong foundation of humble, passionate people, effective processes, and superior products. Our dedication to customer service, adaptability, and a diverse range of products has solidified our position as a global leader in the electronic gaming industry, leading to our second year on Inc. Magazine’s list of fastest growing companies in 2020 at #194. Grover Gaming strives to support local communities and has helped raise over $250 Million for charities through its partnerships in charitable gaming markets.
SUMMARY: Senior Data Analyst, under the supervision of a Product Manager, specializes in identifying, designing, and implementing statistical analysis that continuously drives strategic business decisions. These analyses are often presented throughout ad-hoc reports and various dashboards. As a Senior Data Analyst member of the platform services team, you are responsible for building statistical applications that empower employees and scale our organization.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understand company Mission, Vision, and Values and be an ambassador of MVV.
- Ability to present highly technical concepts to a wide variety of individuals potentially with limited technical knowledge.
- Understanding of the various data sources applying both viable and practical data analysis for ad-hoc reports as requested.
- Using an Agile development methodology, develop and maintain custom dashboards that support the various company business departments.
- Understand both organizational and industry needs to develop a strategy in data gathering that translates into custom reporting and dashboards.
- Develop tools for analytical evaluation to be used by various data analyst team members that assist in identifying and monitoring various KPIs
- Ability to design, develop, and test analytic and visualization applications.
- Support and maintain data technologies, including data lake, warehousing, and query optimization.
- Actively collaborate with platform service team members to define and develop data-driven solutions that meet business and technical initiatives.
- Demonstrate ability to exercise independent judgment and the ability to take the initiative and creatively solve complex problems.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Business, or Mathematics.
- Understanding of both Cloud and Hybrid data architecture.
- Comfortable working as a member of a cross-functional team, as well as working autonomously
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft BI tools, SQL, and additional data technologies
- Experience with statistics and statistical modeling
- Experience with Azure Cosmos DB, LiteDB, MongoDB, and SQLite
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Business or Mathematics.
- 2-4 years of experience working as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Experience working with Python and its various statistical packages (Pandas, NumPy, etc.)
- Experience working in an agile environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The usual work environment is typical of an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with no material or weather-related hazards except those associated with travel.
This Job Description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company objectives. The description incorporates the most typical duties performed and covers only the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed. The inclusion of those duties would not alter the overall evaluation of this position.