Senior Director Hardware Engineering
Are you ready to level up your career?
At Scientific Games, we are committed to making the best games, platforms and systems in the world. We are looking for smart, passionate and creative people to join our team and help us transform the gaming world. We are a global, industry-leading gaming technology company that embraces challenge, fosters an inclusive culture, values integrity, innovation and winning, and is committed to developing and supporting its people.
Whether you are a member of our award winning game studios, our industry leading systems group, product management, manufacturing group, services or any of our other amazing Gaming teams, you will be creating compelling games played around the world. We are dedicated to being the industry’s only COMPLETE global solutions provider with products that will enhance the entire gaming operation, both on the casino floor and behind the scenes.
If you are ready to play…Come join us and let’s make games!
Scientific Games (SG) is a global leader focused on delivering an ever-expanding portfolio of lottery and gaming products and services to the world's government-regulated and government-sponsored entities. Scientific Games' global reach is made possible through the expertise, skill and dedicated efforts of its 8,000+ employees who serve lottery and gaming customers in more than 100+ countries on 6 continents.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide leadership in the design and development of physical gaming machines with inspiration, innovation and creativity to develop the next generation of gaming equipment.
- Write scope documents covering both electrical hardware projects and mechanical design projects as necessary to produce world-class industry leading equipment.
- Manage the company’s electrical and mechanical engineering resources developing and implementing systems to control cost, speed delivery and improve the quality and manufacturability of the designs. Includes a high degree of manufacturing and supplier interface
- May oversee a group of multiple departments as well as staff from within the Hardware Design, Mechanical, Electrical and Product Engineering Departments as the projects assigned warrant the need.
- Provide guidance on prioritizing, structuring, and staffing of these departments for continued success.
- Assist with management of the HD Project Budget; this position may also lead the groups through the yearly departmental budgeting process and participates in the 3yr planning process.
- Management of the HD Project Schedules working with Technical Project Management; this includes non-project work going on in the individual groups as well.
- Responsible for mentorship, evaluations, conflict resolution and recognition of the staff to maintain highly motivated and engaged employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Engineering discipline preferred
- Advanced degree desired
- 12 + years of product development experience including the design of product packaging as well as product design. Multi-component and multi-national development experience.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience.
- Gaming industry experience
- Experience creating production concept models using assorted techniques and materials
- Experience and/or desire to work in a fast paced start-up environment
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Self-starter, organized and detail-oriented team leader.
- Must display effective skills in the following areas: prioritization, budgeting, scheduling, process and quality, design for manufacturability, controlling costs
- Strong negotiations, problem solving, analytical skills, and financial acumen
- Strong coaching, program management , leadership skills, team oriented individual with ability to motivate others, particularly in a virtual environment
- Ability to communicate and interact with senior leadership, produce and deliver presentations to a wide range of audiences
- Creative and innovative.
- May require weekend and evening hours. May require local, domestic, and international travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, use hands, operate a computer, and have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision, and ability to adjust focus working with computer and business equipment.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law , please click here for EEOC Poster .