Senior Financial Analyst
Are you ready to level up your career?
At Scientific Games, we are committed to making the best games, platforms and systems in the world. We are looking for smart, passionate and creative people to join our team and help us transform the gaming world. We are a global, industry-leading gaming technology company that embraces challenge, fosters an inclusive culture, values integrity, innovation and winning, and is committed to developing and supporting its people.
Whether you are a member of our award winning game studios, our industry leading systems group, product management, manufacturing group, services or any of our other amazing Gaming teams, you will be creating compelling games played around the world. We are dedicated to being the industry’s only COMPLETE global solutions provider with products that will enhance the entire gaming operation, both on the casino floor and behind the scenes.
If you are ready to play…Come join us and let’s make games!
Scientific Games (SG) is a global leader focused on delivering an ever-expanding portfolio of lottery and gaming products and services to the world's government-regulated and government-sponsored entities. Scientific Games' global reach is made possible through the expertise, skill and dedicated efforts of its 8,000+ employees who serve lottery and gaming customers in more than 100+ countries on 6 continents.
The Senior Financial Analyst Gaming Operations role is responsible for partnering closely with the Gaming Operations business through financial planning and analysis and P&L management. The primary goal is to provide business and operational insights to leadership. This role entails strong financial fundamentals, coordination with other teams, and requires the ability to utilize reporting tools that quickly and accurately pull business information. This position also identifies profit improvement opportunities and facilitates reporting and process advancements.
- Assist with managing the Gaming Operations P&L review on a monthly, quarterly and annual level (e.g. Margin $, Margin %, COGS, Net Revenue).
- Assist leadership with frequent ad hoc data requests.
- Develop new and insightful reports that give critical viewpoints of Gaming Operations
- Build consensus among cross-functional teams and influence decision making within leadership audiences.
- Gather and analyze large amounts of information quickly and effectively.
- Proactive in finding process improvements to maximize efficiency of the business.
- Assist with month end close by partnering with the accounting team to ensure an accurate and on-time close process.
- Assist with preparation of monthly management reports, analysis and communication of month-end results, and recommendation of corresponding actions.
Experience, Knowledge, & Qualifications
- Requires an undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, economics or similar.
- Minimum of 2 years finance/BI/accounting experience.
- Must possess a strong ability to synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel.
- Solid organizational and time management skills.
- Successfully lead the finance team and work with management to move forward finance initiatives and objectives.
- Desire to understand the business and work effectively with multiple departments.
- Delivers on commitments, adheres to deadlines, takes personal responsibility for outputs, admits to mistakes and learns from them.
- Can communicate effectively both in written and verbal forms.
- Gaming industry experience.
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP and Hyperion Essbase.
- Tableau is desired.
- Microsoft SQL.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, use hands, operate a computer, and have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision, and ability to adjust focus working with computer and business equipment.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law , please click here for EEOC Poster .