Senior Game Developer
WHO WE ARE: Grover Gaming & Banilla Games, headquartered in Greenville, North Carolina, is a software design and development company that specializes in electronic gaming throughout the United States and Canada. Having more than 275 employees located in seven states, we are working every day toward building a strong foundation of humble, passionate people, effective processes, and superior products. Our dedication to customer service, adaptability, and a diverse range of products has solidified our position as a global leader in the electronic gaming industry, leading to our second year on Inc. Magazine’s list of fastest growing companies in 2020 at #194. Grover Gaming strives to support local communities and has helped raise over $250 Million for charities through its partnerships in charitable gaming markets.
SUMMARY: The Senior Game Developer is a seasoned Casino Slots Game Developer who can utilize their experience to ensure that their team members are creating the very best Casino-style Slot games. While still responsible for creating games, the Senior Game Developer is also responsible for making sure that all of the other Game Developers are taught what makes our games stand out above the competition, why we implement the things we do, and how each of those things makes our games a more entertaining gaming experience.The Senior Game Developer will report directly to the Director of Game Development.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understand company Mission, Vision, and Values and be an ambassador of MVV.
- All the responsibilities of a Game Developer
- Developing games to a high quality, on-time, and with minimal bugs
- Assist Game Developers with design decisions
- In particular, assist with Game Design decisions that make our games more fun to play and more stable
- When needed, create tools to assist the Game Developers in their work
- Ownership of template games for all markets, including back-patching bugs, R&D updates, and Quality of Life fixes to improve our development times
- Assist Director of Game Development with team strategy, including:
- Identifying areas of improvement and training
- Creating and presenting training materials
- Assist Director of Game Development with intra-departmental R&D
- Scene-management, new technologies, solving updates etc.
- Work closely with Lead Game Developers, QA Leads, Art Leads, and Producers to ensure that processes are streamlined and effective
- 8+ years of Unity and C# Game Development experience
- Incredibly strong communication skills
- Incredibly strong mentoring skills
- Incredibly strong organizational and time-management skills
- Team player with a passion for developing high quality slot games
5+ years of Casino/Slots Game Development experience
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The usual work environment is typical of an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with no material or weather-related hazards except those associated with travel.
This Job Description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company objectives. The description incorporates the most typical duties performed and covers only the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed. The inclusion of those duties would not alter the overall evaluation of this position.