Senior Game Server Developer
Finland Fast Track Program
This role is under the Finland Fast Track Program, an initiative of the Finland government to encourage exceptional international talent, specifically from the USA, to find fulfilling roles in the budding gaming and ICT industry in Finland.
This role is based in Finland. Applicants are encouraged to and offered fast-track support to relocate there for this role, and the city you’ll move to will welcome you and your family with several relocation services.
Critical Force is the creator of successful mobile FPS title Critical Ops, and one of the leading mobile shooter developers in the world. Our values are Honesty, Trust, Team Spirit, Player Centric and Learn & Grow and they are defined and cherished by all of our employees. Now, we are calling for you, a Senior Game Server Developer, to join our ranks to design and develop systems that will bring Critical Ops to the next level. If you are a passionate and self-driven person ready to challenge yourself and create the next level of mobile FPS gaming, we welcome you to join us!
You would become a part of our awesome Critical Ops team, which is filled with passionate and creative people with strong enthusiasm and knowledge. You have at least 5 years of experience from realtime multiplayer development and a capability to work in an international environment. Your good command of English comes with the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical people.
Your primary focus will be on implementing and maintaining various features and systems for the game. All this is done in close collaboration with programmers, designers and testers.
- Develop testable high quality systems and tools for a live product
- Develop core game server technologies and frameworks that other developers can build upon
- Profile, identify and optimize performance bottlenecks
- Monitor, diagnose, identify and fix issues with game servers
- Collaborate with other programmers to improve technical architecture, quality, documentation and standards
- Work together with multi-disciplinary team
- 5+ years of game development experience
- Experience with multithreaded architectures
- Strong knowledge of .NET
- Strong knowledge of network protocols
- Strong knowledge of latency compensation techniques
- Strong debugging skills
- Strong knowledge of software design principles and patterns
- Released titles on major development platforms (App Store, Google Play, Steam)
- Experience with version control (GIT) as a natural part of development cycles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
You can also Wow us with your
- Specialist skills that can be applied to other areas of development
- Web development skills
- Knowledge of iOS app development tools
- Enthusiasm for real-time multiplayer and cloud architectures
- Proactive and self-driven mindset
The selected candidate can decide to work from either of our offices - in Kajaani, experiencing an international feeling with a small town vibe next to nature - or in Helsinki - in the heart of a bustling games capital. Remote working in other places in Finland is also possible, but the ability to be able to visit the offices from time to time will be required.
- Opportunity to join a game studio awarded multiple times by different organizations
- Transparent and caring company culture
- A fast-moving work environment driven by the people with a passion for games
- The option to work from time to time in either of our offices, in Helsinki or in Kajaani
- Good benefits, incl. comprehensive health and travel insurance and dental care
- Flexible working environment and autonomous teams
- Opportunity to grow and develop into more responsible roles