Senior Manager, Internal Audit - Technology
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We’re Looking For
The Senior Manager leads the internal audit department’s technology pillar and delivers on the mission of enhancing and protecting organizational value by executing risk-based and objective assurance and advisory services for the company’s Product Development and Technology organizations. This role is responsible for building and developing strategy over assessing risks and controls associated with the Skillz IT environment. The ideal candidate will have worked in an internal audit department of a successful high growth company and can bring those experiences to Skillz as it continues to define the future of esports and mobile gaming. The role reports to the Head of Internal Audit.
What You Will Do
- Design assurance and advisory strategy over Skillz’ technology risks, including developing annual IT audit plan based on a risk assessment and audit universe
- Partner with, build relationships, and manage horizontally across the product development and corporate IT organizations to optimize internal audit's effectiveness in enhancing company's governance, risk, and controls
- Execute internal audit engagements of the company's IT and information security policies, procedures, and processes within established audit plan timelines
- Lead the evaluation of the company’s design and operating effectiveness of internal control over financial reporting for ITGCs, application controls, and key reports and effectively manage the company’s co-source provider resources
- Identify, evaluate, and monitor the remediation of technology audit engagement findings and SOX control deficiencies
- Serve as internal audit’s technology lead point person for management and collaboration with external auditors
- Assist in the implementation and rollout of governance, risk, and control software
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the internal audit department infrastructure, including methodology and policies and procedures
- Be future-focused on continuous improvement of the department along the internal audit maturity curve
- 10+ years of work experience scaling internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, preferably in or servicing the technology or interactive media industry
- 4+ years of management experience leading teams
- Public accounting/audit experience, preferably with a Big 4 firm
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a technology-related or accounting field
- Professional certification (CISA, CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, CRMA, CIA, CPA)
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.